Chapter 1

(Carli's POV)
"He's coming back...he's coming back...I know he's coming back..." I keep thinking to myself. I knew he wasn't going to leave me alone. He was going to come back and rape me over and over.
I'm laying on the floor of my apartment. I can't really tell which room I'm in because it's so dark plus my eyes are all hazy from being hit in the head with the lamp. The lamp is in shattered pieces all over the floor.
I look up and notice I'm in my bedroom. The light switch isn't too far from where I'm lying. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to it without passing out. My head is bleeding and I think my ankle is broken. Not to mention the deep cut marks on my wrists from the rope he tied me up with.
I start to crawl the best I can to the light switch, when I finally get there, I use the wall to hoist myself up. I flip on the light and I see that my bedroom is completely wrecked.
Glass shards everywhere from the lamp, my blood in a pool on the floor with spatters of it on the bed sheets, rope laying on the floor.
I get emotional at the sight of it and began to cry. I'm crying hard than I ever have before. He raped me...for 3 solid straight hours...I'm never going to be the same again...
There was a knock at my apartment door. Oh no....he's back...I knew he was coming back!
I try to hide in my closet but the banging on the door gets louder.
"Hey! Anyone in there?" I heard a woman say.
I wrap a towel around me and go to the door. I open it and see 3 people standing there-2 women and a man.
One of the woman had blonde hair and blue eyes, the other had brown eyes and hair. The man had dark blondish-brown hair with glassy blue eyes.
"Hi, I'm Sergeant Olivia Benson. With the Manhattan Special Victims Unit. What's your name? she said as she held up her badge.
I got scared.
"Carli. Carli Shelton. C-can I help you?" I said and my voice was hoarse and cracking.
"We got called by one of your neighbors. They told us they heard screaming and thudding coming from inside this apartment. Are you okay?" the blonde woman said.
The man looked at the blood coming from my head.
"You look pretty beaten up. What happened?" he said with a thick New York accent.
"Uh...nothing. I tripped getting out of the shower and hit my head off the wall." I lied kind of stuttering.
"There's no way a wall could have done that bad of damage. And...you're not even wet." Olivia Benson said.
I looked down at my feet.
"Uh....can you excuse me for a moment?" I said leaving the door open and walking back into my bedroom.
As I walked in, a wave of flashbacks hit me. Him grabbing the lamp and smashing it over my head, tying me down to the bed, and raping me.
I swallowed back tears and held my breath. I could hear the detectives out in the living room. I hurried to get dressed in clean, non-ripped clothes. I put on my bra, my blue flannel pajama shirt and a pair of blue silky shorts.
I left the bedroom, closing the door hard behind me. I walked back into the living room and looked at them.
"I don't believe we have formally met." the man said reaching his hand out to shake mine.
"I'm Detective Sonny Carisi. Call me Sonny." he said with a slight, beautiful smile.
We shook hands.
"And I'm uh Detective Amanda Rollins." she said also reaching out her hand. She had a slight southern accent.
"Nice to meet you all." I said shyly as I sat down. I began to stare off into space and a tear rolled down my cheek.
Sonny saw it and I quickly wiped it away.
"Are you sure you're okay? You seem distraught." he said putting a hand on my shoulder and I flinched.
He noticed and I could tell he became more curious.
"I-I'm fine. My head just hurts." I said with my voice cracking.
I could tell they knew I was lying. Olivia was giving me a sympathetic stare and Amanda was rocking back and forth on her heels.
"We could take you to the hospital to get that checked out if you want." Olivia said coming closer to look at the gash in my head.
"No...no it's okay." I said quietly.
"No. I insist. Let's get you to the hospital. This could be serious." she said and I had to give in. There was just something really convincing about her voice.
We all left my apartment and I locked the door behind us, putting the key in my shirt pocket. We took the elevator down to the ground level from the 7th floor. The detectives were all looking at each other. They knew something was up. They let me sit in the back of the cop car as they all started chattering outside.
(Olivia's POV)
"I think there's more to this story than she's telling us. I mean come on, she's zoned out and quiet. Her head is bleeding real bad. There's no way she did that getting out of the shower." I said and glanced out of the corner of my eye towards her.
"Yeah I know. I think it's something way more serious. Could there be a possibility she may have been raped?" Carisi asked.
"That could be a possibility. I know that when I was assaulted I was acting the way she is now." Amanda said and my heart sort of crumbled into pieces.
My voice became softer as I spoke again.
"I think we need to do a rape kit. Just to be sure. I don't need another victim falling apart at the seams because they regret not taking the test." I said.
"Alright then. Let's get her there before she goes unconscious from blood loss." Carisi chuckled a little. I wanted to smack him in the head but found it best not to.
We all got in the squad car and headed off to Bellevue.