Chapter 14

(Carli's POV)
Once Sonny and I got home from the court house, I decided to take a shower. I needed to wash Chuck's evil looks off of me. I feel so gross.
I stepped in the shower and looked at my body. There were bruises all up and down my arms and legs. And the gash on my arm where I had cut myself. I was so disgusted at myself by the way I looked. I started crying. I looked at the razor blade sitting on the edge of the tub. I reached for it then stopped myself.
"No, Carli, are you fucking insane? You're gonna put yourself in a coma again. Then you won't be able to see Sonny." I said to myself.
I stared at the blade for a solid 5 minutes before I actually started showering. I tried the hardest I could to push Chuck and the assault out of my mind. I tried with all of my effort.
(Sonny's POV)
I pulled up to the jewelry store and took a deep breath. I went inside with my head held high and a huge smile on my face. A man in a suit came up to me.
"Hello, sir. What are we looking for today?" he asked.
"An engagement ring." I couldn't stop smiling.
"Ooo we have a lucky lady, I see. What kind of ring are you looking for?" the gentleman asked.
"Anything beautiful. Like her." I was not aware of the words coming out of my mouth.
"I think I have exactly what you're looking for. Follow me." he said.
I followed him over to a glass case. He took out a beautiful ring with a diamond on it. I knew it was something Carli would love. I didn't care how expensive it was. I was buying it either way for the love of my life.
"It's perfect. I'll take it." I smiled at him.
"Wonderful." he said and got the ring out of the glass case.
He put it in a small black box. I put it in my pocket as soon as I payed for it. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be.
I rushed back out to my car and sat in there for a long while. I pulled the box out of my pocket and opened it. I examined the ring with excitement. I looked up and I whispered to myself.
"God, please let this mark the beginning of happiness. For the both of us." I said.
I put the box back in my pocket and started the car, heading back to the apartment. I texted Fin and told him the location of where I was doing it. I wanted him to record it, but hidden so Carli wouldn't see. I got out of the car and slowly went up into the apartment.
Carli was sitting on the couch in grey sweatpants and my NYPD hoodie.
"Hey, beautiful." I winked at her.
"Sonny! Where did you run off to?" she jumped up and hugged me tightly.
"Come with me." I whispered.
"Come with you where?..." she was confused.
"Just, come on. Please." I grabbed her hand and took her to the car.
"Dominick Carisi, Jr. please tell me where we are going. Now." she begged.
"You'll see." I smiled to myself.
I drove us to Central Park, one of Carli's favorite places.
"Why are we at Central Park?" she asked.
I didn't say anything and I just led her to in front of the huge fountain.
The sun was shining brightly and it was warm outside. Perfect weather. Fin was behind a tree a few feet away recording the whole thing.
I pulled Carli close to me and kissed her head. Her hands laid limp on my chest and her eyes were closed. I played with her hair for a while. I was so nervous. What if she says no?!
"Okay, I know that you're wondering why I brought you here. And I just want to say that you're going to have to deal with me taking you places..." I began. My heart was racing.
"Sonny, what-" I cut her off.
"I know that we probably won't ever be rich but, I want you to know I will do my best to make you and our children happy." I smiled a little.
"Children? Sonny, seriously what-" she was so confused.
I reached my hand in my pocket and pulled the black box out. I knelt down on my right knee and opened the box. I looked up into Carli's beautiful ocean blue eyes.
"Carli Shelton, I love you till death do us part. I want to be with you every minute of everyday. You make my life incredible. Will you marry me?" I was shaking.
Carli was shaking and crying. She put her hands over her mouth and closed her eyes.
"Yes." she said through her hands.
I smiled and took the ring out of the box and placed it on her left ring finger. I grabbed her and kissed her. I've never kissed her this way before. This was the most meaningful kiss I've ever given her. I love her so much.
I started crying and I hugged her. She was crying too.
"I love you so much, Carli Shelton." I said through my tears.
"I love you more, Dominick Carisi." she whispered in my ear.
Everyone around us was cheering and clapping but we barely noticed. The only thing we were concerned about was each other and being in each other's arms.
Fin ran off towards his car. He must've gotten the video and was going to text it to me. Carli and I were still hugging and crying. We pulled back and looked into each other's eyes. We slowly leaned in closer and closer and we kissed softly. Both of our bodies relaxed and we enjoyed being right there in the moment. With each other. At one of our favorite places. Just engaged.