Chapter 4

(Carli's POV)
"Sonny?" Olivia said confused.
Sonny sighed and I gave him a side glance.
"Hey Serge." he said acting normal.
"Would you uh....like to tell me what's going on here?" she asked.
Sonny hesitated for a moment then pulled Olivia off to the side.
(Sonny's POV)
"I let Carli stay at my place last night. She couldn't go home because it was a crime scene and she didn't have enough cash for a hotel room. I couldn't just let her go out on the street." Sonny said trying to stay calm.
"We could have gotten her a hotel room." Olivia said sternly.
"I know, I know but.." Sonny began.
"But what?" she asked.
"She was raped. I didn't want her to be sitting alone in a room wondering if he knew where she was. I couldn't let that happen." Sonny finished.
Olivia gave him a slight glare then realized he was right.
"Nothing is going on between you two, is there?" Olivia asked.
Sonny quickly denied.
"What? No! I promise Serge." Sonny lied right through his teeth.
"Okay. I don't need one of my detectives interfering with this case. Or any case for that matter." Sergeant Benson said and walked back into her office.
Amanda was talking to Carli, probable asking the same questions Olivia asked me. I walked over to the two of them. Amanda was giving me a death stare. What the hell is her problem?
"Hey guys..." I said trying not to be suspicious.
Carli was staring at me admiringly.
"Carli!..." I thought to myself.
I gave her a quick look and she realized what I was doing. She quickly looked away down at her feet. Amanda kept looking from Carli to me. A face of realization crossed her face.
"YOU TWO ARE-" she began to sort of yell.
"AMANDA SHHH!!!!!" I yell-whispered and I grabbed her hand.
"Let go of me, weirdo!" she said and jerked her hand away.
"Please keep your mouth shut. Don't tell anyone. Especially Serge. Please, Amanda." I was pleading.
"And why should I keep it to myself? This can't be happening. You're working the case. Olivia is going to find out eventually." she said.
"I know but....if you shut up she won't know for a while." I said staring her in the eyes.
She was leaning in close to me.
"....what are you doing?..." I asked confused.
She pulled her head back.
"Sorry. . ." she said realizing what she was doing.
Did she just try to kiss me? Whoa...
"Okay just...please don't say anything to anyone." I asked again.
"Okay fine. I better be getting something in return." she said.
"Uhhhh....." I was stuttering.
"EW GOD NOTHING LIKE THAT YOU SICKO!" she said nervously.
"Uh...okay." I laughed a little.
"So what are you going to give me?" she asked.
"I don't know. I'll figure that out later. Just keep your mouth shut for now. Please." I said and I grabbed Carli lightly by the arm and pulled her off to the interrogation room.
(Carli's POV)
Something is up with Amanda. She obviously has feelings for Sonny. Would Sonny ever leave me for her? I mean come on, she's gorgeous, funny, and sweet. I'm ugly. I don't understand why Sonny likes me.
Sonny pulled me off to a room after he made a deal with Rollins about keeping quiet. He turned off the volume to the room so no one could hear us.
"I thought I had to identify Chuck?" I asked confused.
"You do. But I wanted to talk to you first." Sonny said quietly.
"About what?.." I asked a little scared.
He grabbed my hands and pulled me closer to him.
"You know I love you right?" he said looking into my eyes.
"Of course." I said.
"Okay...I need you to know that I am going to protect you with every fiber of my being. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I'm going to help you through this and I'm going to help you become whole again. Can you trust me? "he said staring deep into my eyes.
"Sonny, of course I can. I love you!" I basically yelled.
"Shh...be a little bit quieter. I don't want them to hear." he said.
He kissed me. More passionately than he ever has before. He put his hand on my face as the kiss became more heated. Then it hit me. A flashback.
I fell to the floor staring off into space. I started screaming.
"GET OFF! NO! PLEASE STOP!" I was screaming.
"Carli!!!" Sonny yelled and knelt beside me.
"Carli, please snap out of it! Please!" he was crying.
I came back to reality. Sonny had me in his arms. He was hugging me. He was shaking and tears were rolling down his face.
"Sonny..." I was crying too.
"I hate seeing you like this, baby. It's tearing me apart." he was crying a lot.
(Amanda's POV)
I stood there outside the interrogation room watching Sonny and Carli through the window. I felt like a part of me was dying. I love Sonny but he....he's with Carli. Olivia came beside me.
"What's going on in there?" she asked.
"Carli was having a flashback. Carisi is comforting her." I said and my voice cracked.
"Well why is he crying?" she asked and looked at me.
"Why are YOU crying?" she asked me.
"Wha-oh. Nothing. Just thinking about something." I lied.
"About what?" she was really curious.
"My assault. But it's not important right now." I said.
(Sonny's POV)
After Carli's flashback and after I had gotten her comfortable I figured it was time to have her identify Chuck. We got up and headed for the door. As we left the room, Amanda and Olivia were standing there.
"Carisi." Olivia said.
"Uh....Serge." I replied.
"Did you think this would be hidden from me forever?" she asked annoyed.
"No..." I said.
"No? Then why didn't you tell me the first time I asked you?" she was pissed.
"I-I just want to get justice for her." I said and my voice was shaking.
"Well now you can't work this case because it involves personal matter." she rolled her eyes and started to walk away.
"Y-yes, Serge." I said.
I turned to Amanda.
"What the hell?! I thought I told you to keep your mouth shut!" I was yelling.
"I didn't tell her!" she was yelling back.
"Then how did she find out? Huh?" I was beyond pissed.
I was silent.
"HOW?!" I was shouting as loud as possible.
"Because she saw me standing here and came over." she said quietly.
"Wh-why were you watching us?" I asked confused.
She didn't say anything. She just stared at me. Tears began rushing down her face. She ran off to the bunks, slammed and locked the door.
(Amanda's POV)
I ran into the bunks and broke down into tears. I punched the wall and yelled.
I stayed in there for as long as possible. I didn't want to leave the room and see those two together. It hurt me. My heart couldn't take it. I laid on one of the bunks and just stared at the ceiling. I stared for as long as possible then shut my eyes. I fell asleep.