Chapter One

Tune: A Simple Traveler – Miitopia

Looking at the circular portal that had spawned on the ground, on top of Board Game Mountain – Nathan was wondering how long it had taken, to get from the start area to the finish. It had been about an hour since Nathan had to activate a new Portal Door, just to rescue some YouTubers that got sucked into Wii Party. And after having overcome many obstacles, Nathan was the one to lead the team to the top and unlock this moment.

Silently, one of the men approached the portal cautiously. He observed it for a moment before walking right back. Pocketing his thick-rimmed glasses, he shoved the sleeves of his detailed shirt up before running for it with his arms back. And just before he reached the portal – proceeded to jump with his arms out to the sides and straight into the portal.

Nathan asked. "Which anime did Joey get inspired by to do that?"

That was when the more formal gentleman of the group stated. "Attack on Titan, hence why he ran like the Scouts before they used their ODM gear to take on the Titans."

Noticing how a staircase formed on the rim, Nathan commented. "Connor, did you do this?"

Connor admitted. "Maybe the portal readjusts according to our Types. And since I'm next – it morphed to suit my Fairy Type skillset.

"I see. Will you be entering it?"

Connor nodded as he walked towards the circular portal before descending the staircase. After Connor had disappeared, Nathan was surprised how the portal had started to morph and float before glowing blue colour. Turning to his friend, Nathan was surprised when he noticed how his friend's Water-Type skillset had suddenly increased in the form of a blue aura surrounding them.

Nathan asked. "Felix... does meditating on the portal activate your skillset more?"

Felix grinned. "Like my emotions? Yes, Nathan. Watch this, and after I leave: it will be a normal door for you."

"Got it."

Nathan stood back as he watched how Felix extended his arms and proceeded to turn it into a sideways whirlpool. Then strangely, Felix began to turn around and hover backwards into a small opening – much to the surprise of Nathan.

Felix commented, remembering something. "I have been practicing with David Spencer (iBallisticSquid), ever since he joined Ontarighton a few weeks ago. May I present, the 'Whirlpool Portal', my friend?"

That was when Felix crossed the portal. It then finally morphed into the standard door that Nathan would normally use. Pleased with this, that was when Nathan had finally decided to approach the door. But as he reached for the doorknob, something suddenly clicked in Nathan's mind.

Nathan commented. "When we meet again at the cafe, Mason, I will give you my brother's card – so he can teach you how to correctly set up a television set. Why did you ask Arthur?"

Nathan then gently opened the door, wondering where he would end up as well as where the others had gone.

On exiting the portal, a voice called out to him. "I wasn't expecting you to suddenly go through the Portal Door in the reception area. What happened this time? You weren't interrupting anything, Nathan."

Nathan replied as he walked into the reception area. "Felix got sucked into Wii Party with Joey and Connor, so I had to go in, complete the game with them and exit. Do you know where the others might have ended up, Bethanie?"

"I see. Did you happen to see how they all entered the portal, from what I can see: You must've adjusted it into a Portal Door and crossed into the reception area. I've been studying the different forms it can take and how it can affect the destination. You can tell me what they did."

"Joey jumped into it, in the style of Attack on Titan. A strange staircase appeared on the rim of the portal and Connor walked down it. Felix then must've used a Water Type move to morph it into a different style of portal. After that, it strangely turned into a portal door. I will be going into Wii Music later, to do Custom Songs."

"Got it. Joey and Connor landed back in your apartment, Daniel rang and told me. And as for Felix..."

Suddenly, the building's doors opened to reveal Felix, who had returned in what appears to be a British uniform. Following suit was a slightly shorter, younger man with a backward cap, blond beard, and a blue shirt with a squid on it.

Felix explained. "I spawned on his moat bridge, and slipped into the water, and David here – helped me out before getting me dry and giving me a change of clothes. Thank you."

David added. "You're welcome, Joseph (Stampy) tends to accidentally receive uniform cosplays due to him having a similar name to... TheAnimeMan, was it? I hope you have a nice day and... I'll tell the delivery system to go by channel names next time. I'll send the uniforms to its rightful owner." He then muttered. "He needs to work on setting destinations..."

"You got it. And thank you."

"Bye!"

After David had left, Bethanie concluded. "I'll get Stephan and Monika to do the chore right away, as I think both Stampy and TheAnimeMan got their clothes switched. To explain – Stephan is our postman as well as Rachel's older brother, he can only tell who a name belongs to - if he is a close friend or they use their YouTube name. Ah, have a nice day – as I don't want to hold you up."

Nathan explained. "Monika is the main receptionist as well as Aaron's sister."

Felix nodded as they farewelled Bethanie before heading up towards Nathan's apartment.

A few moments of walking up to the next floor had gone by, and that was when Nathan and Felix were surprised to find Joey and Connor waiting at Nathan's front door. But before anyone could say anything, that was when someone's phone had decided to chime. It was Felix's, even though Joey had to grab it from the loungeroom first.

Joey started. "Thank you for getting us out of there, Nathan."

Connor asked. "You were a great gentleman, and... what message did you get, Felix?"

Felix explained. "One is about the parcel mix-up, TheAnimeMan got youthful Minecraft attire. While Stampy got... your anime uniforms, like the one I have on. Sorry. And..."

Joey questioned, noticing how Felix had suddenly gone quiet. "Is everything okay? And I forgive you, Felix."

"...Nathan, you can read it."

Nathan summarized. "Marzia has company over and needs help settling Björn as well as the two dogs – Edgar and Momo."

Joey and Connor announced. "We're on it!"

Felix felt a sense of relief wash over him as he concluded. "Thank you, and have a great day, Nathan."

As Nathan went to open the door, he finished. "You too, and bye."

With that, it was finally time to head to Felix's apartment.