Chapter Eleven

Tune: Talk - Miitopia

Returning from a quick session in Wii Sport, Nathan was about to select whether to exit through a Portal Door after almost an hour of going through various quick Wii Games or continue – when he suddenly got a message on his phone. He checked the message from Marcus quickly before pocketing the phone. He then proceeded to select the option to leave the Digital Realm within the Wii, generating a Portal Door in the process.

Only a few minutes had gone by after having returned, and that was when the doorbell rang. Thinking that Marcus was already here, that was when Nathan decided to run to the door to answer it. Much to the surprise of Daniel and Levi – as they weren't expecting any visitors during Nathan's hour of being inside the Wii.

On gently opening the door, Nathan was surprised when it was someone else. The sudden visitor appeared to have short brown hair with his fringe combed to one side, was dressed in what appeared to be a British school uniform and was taller than Nathan by almost a foot. He almost reminded Nathan of a combination of male versions of Rachel Boschman, Evelien Smolders and Sasha Braus.

Nathan greeted. "Good morning, and how may I help you?"

The taller man responded in a Dutch accent. "Hello, Nathan, I'm Stephan – Rachel Boschman's older brother and the region's postman. Monika suggested that I could visit the residents after fixing up the parcel confusion. Have any interesting events been happening lately? And how are you?"

"Nice to meet you, Stephan. This morning, I had to head into Wii Party to retrieve Felix, Joey, and Connor. It was Mason - as he accidentally asked Michael for assistance. Not the first time EITHER of them failed at installing tech without asking Daniel first. Then after that – I spent some time inside Wii Music before deciding to go around the other Wii Games to pass the time for an hour."

"Amazing, were you expecting anyone else this morning to come?"

"Marcus. As I think he wants me to go on a quest with him for some reason."

"How did you go with this quest through Wii Party, and where do you think Marcus could be taking you?"

"Board Game Island took some time to complete – but I'm relieved that we were able to get there in the end. As for where he could be taking me... Maybe through an XBOX game world or... somewhere interesting."

Stephan was about to respond when he and Nathan both noticed how a small group was heading their way.

Stephan concluded. "Thank you for talking to me for a moment, as it's a nice day to interact with the residents, isn't it? Have a great day."

"You too."

After Stephan had skipped off towards the next apartment, Nathan was pleased with this as Marcus soon arrived with his group.

Nathan greeted. "Hello, and what was this quest that you wanted me to join in with? And... I never knew that Stephano had a twin."

Stephano explained. "Ah, this is Gonzales, my twin brother."

Gonzales walked forth and greeted. "Hello, I'm Gonzales, nice to meet you, Nathan."

Nathan smiled. "Thank you."

Felix began. "Nathan – have you ever heard of Amnesia or Minecraft?"

"Both of them, yes. My brothers are the ones that look like the 2011 and 2019 eras of your channel, Felix."

Marcus turned to Nathan and whispered. "How about Monster High?"

Nathan admitted softly. "Not my cup of tea. But if it's a crucial destination in this quest of yours - then I'm in. Sounds like a horror game in my opinion."

Marcus then announced. "Well then, does anyone know what Salem Woods could be like? As that's our first destination on this quest."

Stephano went on. "I've been there before. It's like the ones in France, but it's much darker and isn't as comforting. There is a school within those woods, but I won't say the name."

Gonzales added. "And that was where you decided to sing a parody during the whole excursion to that place. To the tune of a song from a history show."

"Do you want us to sing the entire time, to keep our spirits up...?"

Marcus concluded. "Yes, what do you think of this – Felix and Nathan?"

Felix nodded and stated. "If we sing loud enough, maybe in a different language – then we could ward off... supernatural beings and raise our confidence."

Nathan added. "I agree. But when we get to the doors... wouldn't we have to be in disguise, so we don't get spotted as a group of humans barging through their palace? Or will we tackle this in a different direction?"

Stephano admitted. "The place knows about me being there, and accidentally running through the halls singing loudly. While in a custom uniform. But it would be confusing if Gonzales and I went, so we could find a way to find a secret entrance into the catacombs."

Marcus explained. "That's a great idea. If we disguise ourselves as forest wanderers or medieval adventurers that had woken up in this time... that means we could travel to the destination and sneak to a hidden area where an entrance could be."

Felix commented. "I am happy that you mentioned this idea – as this means that Nathan and I can avoid the fear of the supernatural by sneaking towards the... basement, was it?"

"Catacombs – those are the secret tunnels that lead to either the Legendary Tower or the Basement."

Nathan asked. "What would these disguises look like? To turn us into medieval wanderers?"

Stephano and Gonzales wondered. "Maybe something from the... 1800s?"

Marcus grinned. "Close. Watch this."

Marcus then quickly used a spell that appeared to engulf his body for a moment. When the light disappeared, he went from his casual attire to that of what he was describing. He was now in a silver suit of armour where his dark hooded jumper, parts of his trousers and boots could still be visible. He appeared to have a large bow over one shoulder and a pouch full of arrows as well as another filled with potions.

Marcus asked. "Well, what do you think? I'll summon in some horses once I generate the portal."

His team were in awe of his outfit as they all now allowed him to use the magic on them. And after this transformation had occurred – that was when it was finally time to cross the portal.

On entering Salem Woods – the team were surprised at just how dark this forest was. Where it was day just a few moments ago – it was now in the middle of the night. A few dark clouds hovered over them alongside a large moon that floated above the distant building, where they had to go. At this hour, some fog obscured the scenery around them and made frightening shapes.

Knowing that his friends were a bit nervous about the area, Marcus proceeded to summon the horses before also summoning some lanterns for them all to hold. Hopping onto his horse, Marcus gestured that it would be okay before he proceeded to start this journey – leading them to where he thought a secret entrance could be hiding.

To lighten up the mood, Marcus began to hum a tune that he knew of. Recognising the notes, that was when Stephano and Nathan joined in. Felix followed suit, singing the lyrics softly as if he had sung this one before – in which he had. Gonzales was confused but decided to join in anyway by whistling to the tune. The team were in high spirits as they eventually made it to this palace before getting off their horses.

It took a while of sneaking around to find an entrance, but soon – Marcus had found one. Using his wand, Marcus used a quick unlocking spell before gently opening the door and entering these catacombs...