Chapter Four

Tune: Dark Lord's Theme – Miitopia

As Felix entered the forest, he quickly noticed how it was much darker than before. Walking along, he could only just make out the dirt-and-gravel path that appeared to be leading him somewhere. The fog appeared to obscure his surroundings, but not enough so that he would get lost. The cicadas and crickets chirped in time as if to make it feel like night-time due to how much of the trees covered the daylight. It did feel like he had entered a video game – this time, through a Portal Door instead of a vortex.

Felix noticed how a cold chill had come over him as if a memory had resurfaced – or if it was because he was outside. Looking around, he could've sworn he had seen a mysterious shape taking form – but waved it off and blamed it on the fog. His heart started to beat faster again as if he was starting to panic. On realizing that the Ghoulfriends were personified monsters, that was when Felix proceeded to run as fast as he could. He was on the verge of screaming as his head pounded with many thoughts revolving around how one of his greatest fears had materialized – his fear of supernatural monsters.

Just as he could get a glimpse of Brennenburg Castle in the distance, Felix stumbled over a ditch and fell. Sitting up on his knees, Felix couldn't keep it in any longer as his breathing began to quicken. And after taking in one long breath, he finally screamed as loudly as he could. He had gotten away from the situation but felt like he couldn't go back there due to his fear.

As he got up, Felix dusted himself off. But he still felt fearful due to what he had experienced. He only felt partially calm due to how close he was to Brennenburg Castle after having run all that way.

Approaching the large door, Felix checked his messages and was pleased with how Marcus was on his way before pocketing his phone once more. When Felix remembered what he had to explain to the residents, his hands began to tremble, and the same cold chill ran down his spine once more.

He banged on the castle door a few times while calling out for one of them. When he had stopped for a break, that was when a reply could be heard. Recognising the voice, that was when Felix gently opened the door.