Chapter 1

Everyone dreams of standing at the top.

"You've waited a long time. The winner of this grand prize is-"

But there is only one peak.

"An artist who has been loved not by one generation, but loved by this era, an artist who shone this year-"

And the moment I stood at that peak -

"Baek Nokha!"

I wasn't happy at all.

***

"Unnie! Congratulations on winning the Daesang [1] !"

"You did a great job, Nokha-ya! Thank you for mentioning us Greenies [2] !"

On the way home from the awards ceremony, fans were waiting for me in the parking lot.

People I'm grateful for. I can't believe you're waiting for me even though it's cold.

I greeted the fans even though I was in the car and sent them my final thanks.

"Thank you Greenies. I'll come and say hello again soon."

Normally, I would have greeted them longer and thanked them more, but... I wasn't in the mood for that today.

Actually, I couldn't even remember how I got here.

As soon as I finished raising the window of the car, my manager turned to me.

"Good job, Nokha-ya. Seriously. I'm sure you didn't feel right.... You did a great job without showing it at all. The acceptance speech is really... You did a good job while trembling moderately. Everyone's saying it's touching, and the response is good."

My manager unnie, who had already seen me for 10 years, comforted me.

But at this moment, I couldn't hear any such congratulations or consolation.

The daesang trophy was also placed in the next seat, and I couldn't even see it now.

"Unnie, thank you very much, but... Let's go to the hospital first."

"Ah, Eung. Of course. we'll arrive there real quick."

"Thanks."

The reason is,

"Mom... How is mom's condition?"

It was because of a phone call that came right before winning the daesang.

'Nokha-ya, don't be too surprised and listen. Now, your mother... was caught in a fire in her house....'

The content was simple.

But it wasn't simple at all.

A fire broke out in my mother's house, and my mother, who was alone at home to watch my award scene, was caught in the fire.

Now the fire is under control, but my mother is in critical condition.

But I couldn't go to the hospital right away.

In exactly five minutes, I will be given the grand prize.

The third daesang.

Daesang for 3 consecutive years.

It was a prominent title just by hearing it.

I wasn't the only one waiting for this award, but everyone who supported me waited for this moment.

Just 30 minutes. Just accept the award and say how I feel. Then, going to the hospital immediately was the agency's CEO's persuasion that I couldn't refuse.