Chapter 16

A few days after the mentor was appointed.

The trainees prepared for the competition by discussing with their assigned mentors.

The mid-term evaluation stage was a stage where the arrangement was not completed.

Although this mission is called a ’Sunbae’s song cover’ it did not mean to replicate it.

No, actually, trying to replicate it exactly was a negative element.

Can there be a cover that surpasses the original?

“You shouldn’t think about going beyond the original singer for the cover performance.”

Early in the morning, in one of the few practice rooms without cameras.

Seo Baekyoung said while lying on the floor of the practice room.

There was a long sliced carrot in her hand.

“You should think of it as just singing the same song on a different stage. Because no matter what happens-“

“There’s no way you can surpass the original artist who has practiced for hundreds of days, even years.”

I nodded.

Of course, it’s a given. If you ever thought of surpassing them from the start, you were bound to earn the hatred of the original fans.

Instead of such greed, you had to approach it with a different charm in mind.

It’s a remake, not about surpassing it.

“Yeah. My mentor told me that, too.”

“Who are you assigned to?”

“Jinhwa sunbae-nim.”

Ah.

I nodded right away.

Greyish’s main dancer.

In terms of dance, she was already called the top among idols.

It was perfect for Seo Baekyoung, who is the main dancer.

“That’s great. Are you doing well?”

“Yes. We’ve always known each other. Also, she’s such a talented person.”

That’s a relief.

I quickly erased my anxiety about Seo Baekyoung.

“By the way.”

“Yes?”

Seo Baekyoung had a complex face, as if she could not understand.

“Why didn’t you…… steal a mentor?”

I was wondering why this question didn’t appear.

I shrugged my shoulders.

“There’s no need to forcibly take it. I decided to seek help from the other trainees. Fortunately, everyone agreed to help.”

As soon as Director Oh and I finished our deal, Director Oh attached a camera to me.

And he even captured the heartwarming scene of me gaining cooperation from the other trainees.

…Of course, honestly, most of them helped me not out of sentiment or friendship.

With a camera in front of you, how could you refuse it?