Chapter 13

When her name was called, Yeon Juhong stood at the front with a face struggling to hold back tears.

I frowned. Yeon Juhong is in 9th place? No matter how subjective the judgment is, 9th place?

In this evaluation, Yeon Juhong should have been at least 6th.

I wasn’t the only one who thought that way, some doubts also popped up on the faces of other trainees.

Apparently, there’s been some ‘slight’ manipulation in the rankings.

I swallowed my anger inside.

Despite witnessing many dirty things in the entertainment industry, it’s truly impressive how it never stops

Do Heeyoung announced the rest of the rankings with a heavy voice.

11th place, Park Haeun

10th place, Lee Juseon

9th place, Yeon Juhong

8th place. Bang Suin

7th place, Shin Yuhyeon

6th place, Jo Heeyon

“Now, next for 5th place. I will announce it.”

Starting from the fifth place was the ranks eligible to debut, adding a heightened sense of tension to the proceedings.

“This trainee has consistently demonstrated stable skills from the moment they entered Colors.”

I already know who it is without her name being mentioned. I can even hear the next comment coming.

“But.”

Exactly. The ‘but’ needs to appear.

“The world of true professionals is ruthless. You must show more than just stable skills. Today, you made it into the debut eligibility, but you should know you can’t be at ease. Please step forward.”

With Do Heeyoung’s comment, the screen changes.

5th place, Seo Baekyoung

“Trainee Seo Baekyoung.”

Sure enough, Seo Baekyoung didn’t look happy at all despite being within the debut ranking.

To the extent that you can see that she is trying to pretend to be happy.

“…Thank you. I will continue to work hard and show you better performances.”

Still, Seo Baekyoung managed to conclude her thoughts quite well. The stiffness around her eyes is undeniable, but she’s still a trainee after all. It’s only natural to be inexperienced.

The most terrifying disappointment in the world isn’t someone else’s disappointment

but rather your own.

Seo Baekyoung must be feeling a complex mix of emotions right now. The frustration with oneself for not being able to stand out more than expected and the dissatisfaction with the agency for being unfair.

No emotion in this situation is easy to overcome.

Other trainees also seemed to understand Seo Baekyoung’s feelings; there was a collective sense of subdued emotions.

The rest of the rankings were not surprising.

4th place, Ryu Bora

3rd place. Kim Geum