Chapter 2

Another morning made its opening in the city of Istanbul. The silent breakfast was in motion in the dining hall when Sania Sayar decided to get attention.

"Erum and Orhan, I am sure that your busy minds have not forgotten about tonight's function."

" Which of your stupid charity functions bounced up this time?" Orhan drawled out.

Erum chuckled without bothering to put her attention toward anyone. Her eyesight encompassed a Cell phone.

All of it was enough to provoke Sania Sayar. And the very next moment, Erum's phone was snatched from her custody.

"Tonight, sharp 7:30. You both better be ready. And don't forget the theme. I don't want any blunder in our social media history on behalf of you both."

And when Sania Sayar gives a calm roar, everybody would better be working on their senses.

Saleem Sayar's anxious more than worried glance made the journey from Sania to unbothered Emine. He wanted to know her decision to go to tonight's function.
Sania gave him an assuring nod of the hidden statement, I will handle it in my way.

It was noontime when she entered Emine's room, but before it knocked and permission was not gone unasked by her. She was carrying a dress bag.

"Mama, please! why do you do it always?"

She innocently protested.

Mama very rarely visited her room. This hints at something inside her.

"Mama, what happened? Do you need anything? "

Her doe eyes searched for something on her mother's face.

"My Emine, my daughter, my sunshine." Sania narrated this by holding her hand affectionately.

"Mama wants your company for tonight."

She wondered how a broken mess, responsible for their miseries could provide them company.

"kızım ( my daughter)", she said moving her hand through her hair.

" Tonight, there is an important function. You can say rather a musical one. It is also business-related to some extent. Many of our business partners and Fatih's friends.." She gulped hard on his name but continued.

"are asking for you, honey. You are Still in his name. You are his wi...

" I'm his wife." She snapped immediately. Anger rushed inside her.

Sania instantly cupped her face.
" I know, I know. I will die, but never use that word for you. Never"

That widow word.

"Mama you know I don't go to these gatherings." She pleaded.

"I know my love. Moreover the place.."
she stopped midsentence.

"  is the same hall where you and Fatih met for the first time." She is looking anywhere but her eyes.

"Kizim, I also wanted to refuse in the first place. But your father is also worried about you. Seeing you caged in loneliness also hurts him."

"Please, dear not for me. But for your father, join us tonight." She pleaded with everything she could.

The place of their first met-up

For father's sake.

She nodded yes. A faint relaxed smile came on Sania's face. She kissed her forehead.

"My beautiful daughter. Look I have also bought a dress for you. it was very difficult shopping. Not any dress is worthy of my daughter's beauty."

She said in faked anger. Emine smiled very little. But this fraction of a smile also mattered millions for them. Because their daughter had forgotten to smile and glow long ago.