Chapter 1

The breath of awakening surged through her. Before opening her eyes, she moved her hand over the bed sheet to find any clue of warmth but there was none. To her dismay, it was cold as usual like the last sixteen months.
The dawn had not spread its wings yet. The fajar azan was echoing in the surroundings. Some people need an alarm to wake up for fajar but old-she was immune to alarms. Now she does not need any alarm to rise.

Ironic.

For fulfilling the course of ablution she went to the washroom. She opened the hot water tap. But it refused to cooperate. So she switched to a cold one. Even in the harsh, chilled, and Wintery opening of the day, cold water failed to affect her or make any expression out of her. She was just stoic.

After praying, a silent flood of tears was flowing through her eyes. Begging the same thing for the last sixteen months. Asking for the end of either her misery or her loneliness. But nothing was occurring.

The remorse for her mistake and the loss of a precious one was burning her every day.
But she was not even turning into ashes despite her wish.
Even in the room of the most magnificent mansion, she was looking like the most pitiable entity.

Time traveled its journey from dawn to sunrise, oblivious to her. Until a regular knock brought her out of the longing state.
" Dear, come down. Everybody is waiting for you." Melak abla(sister in Turkish) politely told her.

"Coming." An effete voice reply came out of her.

Her situation also made Melak abla heartbroken. But she was also helpless in this matter. Because her misery was the size of an iceberg compared to her age.

Time and fate are also flummoxed and speechless by her condition, and how all this happened. Maybe he comes from any corner like a wind blow. Maybe!

But riders of that journey never come back, never look back. Once someone takes this path it becomes his entirety.
You wait to join them on that path but they never come back to be with you or to bring you on their journey.

Walking down the staircase her eyesight was not focused on her steps but on her side. Like he is carrying out each stair-steps with her, holding her hand. A whisper of a smile crept through her lips but fainted as soon as his shadow or hallucination vanished from thin air.

"Emine, dear come here. Look! Melak has prepared cupcakes for you. Today I am also in the mode of breaking boring healthy breakfast. Come, just dig in with me!". Saniya Sayar, her mother-in-law said. She tried to make room for the environment to be cheerful. But Emine ignored her, taking a Plain bread slice to fulfill breakfast obligation or more precisely an act.

Mr. Saleem Sayar was also looking at the whole thing. The helplessness of a father seeped through his face.

Their other two kids Orhan and Erum Sayar were arrogantly busy in the breakfast session. For them, this thing was just a daily drama to which they had become used long ago.

A laugh emitted from Erum, owing to some social media posts. Orhan busied himself also in his cell phone. Their nonchalant behavior rewarded them with their mother's glare.

" Anne (mother), I am done", announced Emine finishing that timid bread slice. Before Mrs. Sania could reason with her, she was gone back to her cage of loneliness, her room.
Erum and Orhan also left the hall after having their breakfast. Melak came forward providing solacement to Mrs.Sania.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Sania. She will get fine. A few months are not enough to lessen her sorrow. She will become fine. Allah will soon show His mercy."

"When Melak when!".
She said almost breaking, the woman, who was not aware of this motion before this, before that accident.
" Every day I am burning and getting tired by looking at her. Emine may lose one...," she told gulping hard.

"But I have lost not only one but my two children that day." She said looking at their once-upon-a-time happy family portrait. Marking the absence of one person.

Yes, the sole reason for all their miseries, was the death of her elder son, Fatih Sayar, and husband of Emine Sayar.

Sixteen months ago, on that tragic night not only did he die but also took Emine's soul and heart along with him. Making Sania sayar suffer the loss of not only her son but his daughter-in-law Emine, whom she loves more than her daughter. The Emine was once the living and refreshing breath of their life and mansion. The same Emine, who once introduced light in their saddened life, was now living as the living dead in the very mansion.
                            ,********,

At night she was leaning against the window in his wait. Maybe today he came, like sixteen months ago. He had always come back before midnight, for her. Maybe today she would hear the knock of his car's horn or the unique screeching noise he used to make.

The clock's sound echoed through the whole mansion marking midnight. Announcing to her that is another night of her dismay. He did not come today either.
How she covered the distance from the window to their bed, only she knew or her lord.

" I know. I know.., you are here. Fatih you are here. If I am here, you are here too. We both are...the cause of each other. If I am alive today is only because you are still here. I just can't find you. But...but I know will come back. I just have lost you for a time. But we will be together soon. Yaqoob A.S also reunited with Yousaf A.S."
She told her by facing his side of the bed, sobbing very hard along with hiccups.

"We will be reunited again."
She made a daily promise before entering into a teary sleep night.

•-•-•-•-•-••-•-•-•-•--•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•--•-••-•

In this very city, Istanbul, a mysterious man was waking still late at night. In front of him, newspaper articles of an accident, and pictures of the Sayar family were displayed along with the portrait of a very beautiful girl. Rays of Happiness were spreading through her. She looked like the epitome of a natural healer.

The girl was none other than Emine.

Another picture was displayed too, in which Emine was hugging a lady doctor and an old man. A picture of a small and once happy family. once!.

"Do you think she will come to the function? " asked Cesur, a tall man in his early twenties. His ocean-blue eyes were filled with curiosity.

"The whole plan is ready. Investments in the correct person and place are done. And by investments, I mean launching a music album. A LIVE performance! and you're doubting the entrance of the main target. Bravo Cesur Bravo."

Nihal almost shrieked.

"My performance, sweetheart, my performance," Cesur said to her, not missing the wink.

"It's a very big gamble," Nihal mumbled.

Suddenly the mysterious man tossed the coin in the air and caught it in his fist even before the coin landed on the floor.

"She will come," he spoke out like gospel truth.

" Karma will begin on the very place where tyrant and victim met for the first time.   I may not denounce her in the same place where she buried me. But my karma will begin there where she started her medusian act. An Act for an Act. let the reunion for destruction begin."

The evil promise and determination blazed in his eyes.

And Time marked its end with two different promises.
One promised to make herself reunited with her love.

The other one also promised a reunion but for alienation.

Dear Readers this was the first story I wrote and close to my heart. Due to some reason, it got delayed and I started writing others. Please share your thoughts. Every single vote and comment matters. 💓💓💓💓