Chapter 3

EMINE

Once again she opened her eyes in a very similar ambiance. The same white horror ceiling enchanted with the smell of drugs. Her body was gaining a very faint state of consciousness. She tried to get up, unaware of the fact of damage and her head felt the dozens of blasts. Consequently, she dropped back on the bed, groaning in pain.

"Hey, Hey, easy there. Don't need to be Miss Marvelous."
A green-eye-man in Armani rushed toward her. She was oblivion about him.

"Wh..a..t ha.. opened?" She made a great effort to ask. Her mind was recalling the blurred memory of past events that How she was chasing a man, perhaps his fatih, and then.....

"You honored my car by using it for your suicide attempt". The man completed her blurred memory by replying and a grinned smile appeared on his face.

" Seriously Emine! I didn't know that you have taken your adventure thing to that level." The man shook his head in a faked disapproving manner.

How does he know my name?  That thought made Emine focus on the man on her side for the first time.

"You did not recognize me. didn't you?"
A smile-of-dismay tried to make a home on his face. But he quickly shoved it away.

"Emine, it's me Emree. Emree your cousin plus friend."

Her memory was refreshed. yes, he was the son of her mother's cousin brother. Childhood treasured memories flashed in her mind. Absentmindedly she smiled.

"Well, this was not expected from you. Not at all. Miss sharp memory girl."

" Well, ten years later visit was also not expected from you. Not at all. Mister", She snapped meekly. Emree laughed at her dialogue. But weariness did not let Emine laugh heartedly. She just enoughed on a weak smile.

"Sorry, I caused you a small concussion on the head. I did not see you coming on the way. it's like one moment there was nothing and the next moment you came out of nowhere. I was giving a horn. But you were just frozen there. What happened girl?"

Apology and later worry were dripping from his every word.

What could she tell? She was chasing a man whom everybody called dead.  That she was only running after a man whose back just resembled her fatih.

"Emine?", He called her out.

"Umm..huh..nothing. I just came out for fresh air. It was not your fault." She made up the fastest lie she could make.

Their conversation was brought to an end when a doctor came for a final checkup, announcing her discharge news.

The whole journey from the hospital to the Sayar's mansion was silent. when the car halted at the gate of the mansion, Emree asked for her contact number, and then she realized she did not have a cell phone at all. And how could she have it? Because for the last sixteen months, she did not feel the need to have one.

"Here, take mine." Emree brought out a business card. "And please honor me to have your number as well if you can't recall it now."

Emree misunderstood her reason for not telling her contact number now.

"I will." She nicely assured him. And went inside the mansion.

The guard gave her a strange surprised look but she ignored it. But another fuss was already created inside the mansion.

"Saleem, please find my daughter where can she go at such a time." Sania cried out. Both parents were worried about her well-being. Melak was also trying to make Sania less worried but her inside was also clutching in pain.

"I am trying, Sania, I am trying. But she did not have a phone with her. her sister is not here in the city. She does not have a friend here. And she can't be at her grandfather's place at this hour.  Tell me, Where should I look for her!"
Panic was also dripping from him.

And other two siblings were carefree as usual.

"Emine!", the sudden gasped voice of melak forced everyone to look at the entrance.

Sania put a hand on her heart otherwise it would be out of her chest.
And why not when your daughter came late at night with a heavy bandage on her forehead and not to forget a bruise on her cheek?

Saleem immediately rushed toward her. Taking her in a side embrace, he brought her closer to her mother.

" My life, my love where were you? What...what happened?"
Breathing was getting impossible for Sania. She was cupping her daughter's face carefully and bombarding questions as well.

"Nothing Mom. I just went outside for fresh air. I was not watching properly..a..car..came..

"WHATT?", fury was raging from Saleem.
" I will find out that drunkard ****** and break his legs. how could he do this to my daughter?"

"No, No, No Dad, it's my mistake," Emine replied in a rush to calm down his father.

A sudden boasted laugh from Erum stopped everyone.

"Hahahhaha...seriously Emine...Please at least speak the truth. hahahhahah... Dad why don't do see this mad woman tried to end herself like the dear dead brother."

She was laughing profusely. But her venomous words shattered Emine's heart into many trillion pieces. She helplessly looked at her mother to make her believe that she could never do such a thing.

And the mother understood her child's innocence. She gave Erum the angriest look the one could give.

"Go to your room, NOW," Saleem ordered her.

"Well, I wanted to leave in the first place, dear Dad. But the missing series of your daughter-in-law had disturbed our sleep."

"Erum, Enough. just shut up now!"

Saleem tried to warn her in a most controlled way. But Erum was born with the lack of feature of obedience.

"Why, Dad, why? Why don't you tell this mad woman to leave us alone? Huh. Has not she done enough damage?"

The sudden sound of a slap resonated through the hall.  Sania slapped Erum.
This made Emine freeze as well as shake at her place. It was only the Warm embrace of her father that was keeping her alive.

"This is how you make someone shut up, Saleem," said Sania, still keeping her angry gaze on Erum.

Erum's hand was still on her cheek. With anger, She left for her room.

"Ma'am, Sir, You should also rest now. I will take Emine to her room. Come, dear"Taking Emine's hand, Melak made steps toward the staircase.

After reaching the room, Melak helped her to change and then gave her medicine. Emine was leaning against the headboard when she noticed the concerned questioning look on Melak's face. It was then she understood what Melak was trying to ask.

"Melak abla, believe me. I swore that I did not try to take my life. I will never do such a thing. Please For Allah's sake, believe me, it was just an accident."At this point, the sobs broke out of Emine.

"Shh, Shh don't cry dear. I believe you. I believe you. I am sorry, my dear. I was just worried." Melak took her in a warm embrace.

Melak was also not wrong. because Emine was also not giving the reason behind the accident. How could she tell that She was chasing a man, claiming him as her Fati?

That she was imagining again. But why this time the imagination was very strong. But why for the first time it felt so real. Many unanswered questions were ringing in her head.

But little did she know that answers were going to come soon, in a way she never expected.