Chapter 7

PAST

A couple of years ago

From the large glass wall of a magnificent skyscraper, a man was viewing the city. This was the only magnificent skyscraper in the city, rather than in the country.

Istanbul is a city of great value.

No light was switched on. The great sunlight was illuminating the room.

The man was no one other than Fatih Sayar, 29 years old C.E.O of the Sayar Empire and elder son of Saleem and Sania Sayar. A family of great reputation and worth. The whole country worships them.

" How dark the night is, the upcoming dawn will always make it go away". said Jameel, Fatih's friend, and employer. Fatih did not realize when he did Jameel entered. He was standing behind Fatih, looking in the same direction as his.

A broken smile appeared on Fatih's lips.
"But some people are bound to darkness forever." He replied without looking at Jameel.
Then Jameel came forward and put his hands on Fatih's wheelchair handles, turning him toward his office table.
They both started working and discussing the office regarding matters.
Suddenly, looking for a thing, Fatih mistakenly opened the last drawer of his table. Some old magazine got his attention. The magazine was speaking of his glory, the time when his fame was at a high peak. The time when he was at the top of the list of handsome men. The time when he was able to walk with pride. The time when he was unparalyzed. But that tragic night two years ago, tarnished all his charms.
Every woman was ready to throw herself at his feet. And other males striving hard to compete with him. He excelled in every circle. He and his family were always on the front page of magazines. Now he was minus from the picture, but still, his family was marking the magazine, newspaper, and social media.

"Be ready for tonight's event." Jameel reminded him. Fatih only nodded.

---------------------------
The clock was showing noon of the noon, on its round face. A girl was still lost in deep slumber, engulfed in a pink fluffy blanket. The room was pure girlish with a pink and purple theme. Rather giving a childish look.

"Emine, Emine!", an old man was struggling to wake this sleepy girl.

"Günaydım( Good morning) baba çan", finally she decided to come out from her dreamland.

The old man was her grandfather, Dawood Ali. After the death of her parents, he was the one who raised her along with her other granddaughter Zeynep, Emine's elder sister.
The remnants of sleep were still on her face. She was in the embrace of her grandfather. He was side-hugging her and she, like a kid lying her head on his chest.

"You again managed to make your sister angry. My dear daughter see the time. Half a day has passed. You also did not wake up for morning prayer." he was scolding her with great love.

"I tried Baba çan, but..."

"but beautiful and my self-created imaginary dreams did not let me wake up" Before Emine could complete it, her sister interjected. She was standing at the door, in a very foul mood. She referred Emine for a job interview today. But her as-usual lazy self missed the opportunity again. Yet she wanted to become successful and a billionaire, as she saw herself in her dreams.

Dreams only

Emine pouted and looked at her Baba çan with faked teary eyes. And here he melted. He laughed cheerfully.

"Abla çan( dear big sister) give her another chance, she will not do it again." her grandfather tried to lessen the tension in the room.

Zeynep moved angrily toward both of them and started her lecture. She was worried for her little sister. Her nonserious attitude was taking her nowhere. Zeynep only wanted her little sister independent and secure her future.

After 20 minutes of the critical analysis session, Emine was still unaffected. Her grandfather was there to shield her from her sister's fury. Her grandfather was creasing her hair affectionately. This fueled Zeynep's anger.

"Okay, fine. Spoil her already spoiled self. Don't come to me in the future when you land yourself in a pit because of this careless attitude of yours." Zeynep crossed her arms on her chest. Suddenly, Emine dragged her elder sister by the arm. Now this grandfather and granddaughter's trio was in a union.
"sssoooorrryyyy! Abla Çan. I promise next time I will not disappoint you. Now shoo away your anger, what kind of a doctor you are, don't you know anger is injurious to health?", Emine said with puppy eyes.

The trio burst into laughter. With Emine's promise of being responsible for next time, Zeynep and Dawood came out of her room. But Zeynep already told Emine that she was not getting any breakfast, but rather lunch. Because the time of breakfast had passed.

Emine being Emine, paid no heed to her sister's words. Because she knew t
Because she knew her brother-in-law, Omar, already would have saved breakfast for her.

Dr. Zeynep was a famous and very diligent Physiotherapist. And her husband was an engineer. Both were running the house with their successful career. And both were parents of two boys. One was 9 and the other was 7 years old. And their baby girl was Emine, whom they loved and cherished like their own daughter. After the death of their parents at a very young age, Dawood and Zeynep took very great care of Emine. Emine was only 1 year old at that time and Zeyep was 10 years old. This age difference and the burden of responsibilities made Zeynep very mature before time. She and her grandfather never let Emien feel that she is without parents. Zeynep gave her love of both mother and father.

According to their limit, they fulfilled her every wish. But they never compromised on her moral upbringing. Her silliness and childish acts sometimes trouble them. But all other matters were fine. Now she was 22 years old but her teenage germs were still inside her.

After secretly eating her meal, Emine saw her sister and brother-in-law leaving for their job.

"Emine, your Omar Abim(brother) and I will be late today. Give medicine to Baba at the time. Make kids and yourself sleep at the right time. And please do not bring hurricane or any other storm inside the house." Zeynep joined her hands in front of Emine.
A mischievous smirk appeared on Emine's lips.

"So, you are not going to attend tonight's event?", Emine asked innocently.
Zeynep stopped in the middle of what she was doing. She had completely forgotten about that Charity Event for disabled people, mainly for fund raiding and flaunting of wealth by the rich people coming there. Many Elite people were gonna attend it. Zeynep got the invitation through her professor.

"You know I am never interested in such show-off occasions."

Suddenly Zeynep remembered something. "Oh, Emine you have planned the sleepover at Farah's place."

"DO NOT worry, Abla Çan. It's okay. Do not worry. Can't I make a compromise for my dear big sister? Now go, go, go. You are getting late and don't come early." she squeezed her sister's cheek and pushed her out of the house. Zeynep was also startled by her behavior but ignored it.

As Zeynep and Omar left, Emine instantly shut the door and called her friend Farah.

"Plan is ready," she told Farah. Emine couldn't control her happiness.

A long night was waiting to begin a rollercoaster journey of two people.

A

nother update of Fatih and Emine's story. Votes and comments. Dear reader. I assure you guys would like this story as well. Just keep. on the journey.