[Fate/Providence(XX): Together Till Death... Always]

A/N: the awaited finale of the story that eveyone is waiting for, I do hope everyone enjoys it.
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(3rd POV)

"Alister, we'll always be together right?" Artoria grip her sword, memories of the past resurfacing as she clashed with Order... the final obstacle between her lover and herself, a trial that stand to oppose her, testing how the limit of her determination... and love for her lover.

Will she fall? Terror and fear still grips her heart at the possibility, will she lose her own dearest lover again as she had before? Be forced to experience the cruelty of reality, the machinations of fate playing with her at the very start?

Or will she succeed and finally end the wretched past that she had yet to move one from... to finally live in peace with him and fulfill the long awaited promise that both had promised since childhood and to see a brighter future?

The possibilities are endless just as the chances of her losing could happen as any small mistake would lead to her own failure in saving what she cherish most... forget about the people, the duty and purpose she was born to commit.

What good had it brought to her life?... nothing, she lose more than what could gain from accepting kingship, she had so dearly regretted that path she chose, Artoria was a fool... an imbecile that is so naive in following her ideal, cursing at her past self from letting it happen.

Because of her own focus on being the perfect king that she had so wished to idealized... she realized that she had paid the price for achieving that goal... a life for an ideal, a price that cost her dearly the taste of losing something was bitter for her when Alister... died.

She had seen so many loses in war and barely flinched when her men died for the sake of the kingdom and it's people, yet when he died... it felt like her world had shattered, mind nearly falling into a maddening state when she learned of his death... days after he had perished.

Had it not for Merlin reminding her of the promise they both made when they were young... Artoria couldn't imagine what she would have become after the death of the one she loved most dearly.

A vision of a king who fell into madness the kingdom plunged into a dark age as Europe burned in the fires of war, Asia torned asunder by vortex of flames, the dark continent of Africa reduced to ash while America became a land of cinder.

The polar icecaps melts as catastrophes drown the world, the laughter of a mad king who fell into her own despair, the world scoured of everything it possessed gave her nothing to bring the one she loved most... forever she cried on her cold and empty obsidian throne.

The corpses of gods and mortals to even things beyond her world laid across her lands, ripped or torned apart as the world gave out its last breath... dying at the hands of the mad king, its brethren worlds reduced to nought but ashes in cold space... an eternal era of darkness.

One shudders to imagine had such fate happened to her... the age of man would have long been doomed with no being left but her and her subjects who forever live under her shadow in terror and fear, living in a peaceful world.

Built upon the corpses of those that had stood against her way... bringing ruin and destruction, centuries of bloodshed that marred the dead world of Gaia, yet due to that promise they've made, had kept her sanity and not fall at the lost of her lover, all for the sake of fulfilling it.

"Of course! Well always be together that I shall fulfill and prove to you." Artoria stared fiercely at order as their strikes shatter and mends reality over and over again, a repeating moment as they clashed in equal footing that proved to be a stalemate for the two individuals.