Part 4

Blitz opened his eyes and found himself surrounded by fire.

Echoes of screaming and shrieking imps were all around him. Though there was no one else in sight.

His heart was pounding hard within his chest as he started to panic.

He searched for a way out, but was only met with more flames at every turn.

He finally came across a cracked mirror and found himself back in his circus attire and braces.

Something kept telling him to run even though nothing was chasing him.

Pitch black darkness and fire was all that surrounded him no matter how far he ran.

Finally, he seemed to have reached an end.

Or so he thought. . .

A ring of fire was before him with a smaller imp limply trying to crawl towards him while reaching out its hand to him.

"FIIIIZZ!!!!!" the imp screeched aloud as he suddenly woke up in a cold sweat on his living room couch at four in the morning.

F-Fucking night terrors. . . DAMN IT!
Why won't they stop. . .

The red being trembled as he snuggled up in his blanket and turned towards the couch and cried himself to sleep.

Next thing he knew, his alarm started going off.

It was now 8am

fuuuuuuck. . . .

The imp lazily shut it off and limped out of his cozy cocoon.

"Loonaaa! I'm making pancakes if you want any! Which I strongly recommend because I make the best pancakes!~" he tried to persuade the teen to come out.

The grouchy teen surprisingly opened the door and had major bedhead.

You could tell she was definitely not a morning person.

Blitz made a stack of pancakes for both of them. And they were actually just as delicious as he had said.

"Wow. These are actually really good." the hellhound commented as she scarfed down the fluffy goodness.

"I can make more if ya want." Blitz kindly offered.

"Actually. . . I wanted to ask you something." the hellhound spoke as she sat down her silverware.

Blitz looked to the girl as he awaited her question.

"Who's Fizz. . .?" Loona asked.

The imp was surprised by her question. But even more shocked that that name came out of her mouth.

"H-How do you know that name?" Blitz asked hesitantly.

"I heard you shout it last night. When I peaked out the room, you had turned over and gone back to sleep, mumbling some things. Sounded like you kept repeating, I'm sorry, over and over." the hellhound explained.

The imp's hands began to tremble once again, as he quickly hid them underneath the table, "Let's just say, he was a childhood friend and. . . .things didn't end so well. . . ."

It became silent for a moment.

"You wanna know how I ended up in the orphanage, right?" Loona spoke up.

Blitz replied with a nod as he made eye contact with her.

The hellhound let out a breath, "My parents were murdered when I was just a little pup. They were just doing their jobs when an imp and his gang took them out in the mist of everything. And right after, they took me and locked me in a cage in their basement. Only a few hours had passed, and a smaller imp came down and released me. He wrapped me up in a blanket and carried me all the way to an orphanage, and dropped me off at the doorstep. At least, that's all I can remember happening. My memory is pretty fuzzy of it all. And once I got put into the program, I went in and out of homes a lot since nobody wanted to deal with me. I was always told I was nothing but a problem. Years passed of the same old thing, and now, here I am."

Blitz was surprised by how open Loona was suddenly being with him. He wasn't sure how to take it at first. Was this just an act of pity?

"You'll never go back to that place again. I promise, Loonie." the imp wholeheartedly expressed.

"Phht! - Loonie? What kinda name is that?" the hellhound cackled.

"Well I think it's adorable! And it's stickin' whether you like it or not!" the imp spat with a smirk.

Loona raised a brow, "Whatever you say, old man." she halfway grinned.

"I am NOT THAT OLD!" the imp argued with an eye twitch.

The hellhound just laughed.

And for the first time since he saw her, Blitz actually saw a real, genuine smile on her face.

And he was able to make it happen.

Maybe. . . Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea after all.

- End of part 4