Part 8

About a week went by, and Fizzarolli thought deeply on Ozzie's confession.

I mean. . .I really like him too, but I don't want him ruining his life, just to be with me. . . UUUUGH!! But I REALLY like him! His deep and tender voice, his cute belly laugh, the way he genuinely cares for me and always tries to make me smile.

It was time for bed, as the pair got settled and comfy.

"Hey, Ozzie. . . Umm, I've done some thinking, on what you told me the other day. And. . .I really like you too, but it can't happen. I won't let you throw away your life just to be with me. We can still be friends, but. . .I just can't do that to you, Ozzie. . ." the little imp wholeheartedly expressed to the burly demon as he shyed away from the bird's soft stare.

"Fizz, what if nobody had to know? It could just be a relationship kept between us two?" Asmodeus suggested.

Fizzarolli then looked at him with shock, "W-What!?!? But, what if we were to get caught!? You'd be RUINED, Ozzie!!"

Asmodeus then gently rubbed the side of the imp's face, "Fizzy, do you trust me?" he asked sincerely.

The imp nuzzled into the burly demon's hand, sweetly, "Of course I do."

"Then let's give this a chance." Ozzie spoke softly as he continued to caress the little imp's cheek.

"F-Fine. I guess we could give this a shot." Fizz replied with a warm smile.

The burly demon then carefully picked up the imp and held him close as they pressed foreheads and nuzzled sweetly.

The pair then snuggled up and fell asleep.

Next morning came around, and Fizzarolli was the first to wake up.

He found himself snuggled on top of the massive rooster's chest, which was surprisingly warm.

The imp then sprung up and thought he'd try and make his new partner some breakfast in bed.

Fizz headed to the kitchen, picked some ingredients, and turned on the stove top. Not too soon after, the food had burnt to a crisp, and a small fire had emerged.

The little imp immediately started having flashbacks from the accident at the circus. He began trembling as he backed up into the nearest corner and curled up into a ball, beginning to hyperventilate and sob.

All he could think about was the moment the box of fireworks exploded in his face. And the feeling of his flesh practically melting off him, being able to see his own bones. And the horrid smell that came along with it.

It's like he was experiencing it for the first time all over again.

Soon, the smoke detector began going off and woke up the burly demon from his late morning slumber.

Asmodeus quickly realized what the sound was and rushed to the kitchen.

He immediately saw the fire and put it out within seconds.

The smoke detector alarm got on his last nerve though, as he smashed it to tiny pieces to shut it up. He then quickly scanned the room for the imp and found him scared to death in a corner.

"Fizzy? Are you alright. . .?" Ozzie spoke softly with a worried expression, as he eased his way over to the trembling imp.

Fizzarolli didn't even notice Asmodeus standing there or speaking to him. He was lost in his flashbacks playing over and over again in his mind.

Ozzie then gently placed a hand on the imp's head, causing him to snap out of his head and immediately look up with wide eyes.

Tears were streaming down Fizz's pure white cheeks, "Oz-Ozzie. . .?"

"Shhh, it's alright now, babybear." Asmodeus spoke comfortingly as he then held Fizz close.

Ozzie's heart hurt for Fizz. Not in a pity sort of way, but more of, he hated to see the one he loved go through so much pain that way.

Fizzarolli then observed the kitchen, realizing what he had just done, "Oh no. . . Ozzie, I-I'm so sorry!! I-I didn't mean to! It just happened! I'm so sorry!!" he cried.

Ozzie was taken aback by Fizz's reaction, but continued to hold him close, "It's okay. It was only an accident. Just, maybe don't cook from now on. Leave that to me, sound good?"

"Ok-Okay. . ." Fizzarolli sobbed into the burly demon's chest.

"What were you tryin' to make, babe? I can fix it for you. Whatever you want." Ozzie offered kindly.

Fizz finally calmed down some, "I. . . I was just wanting to make you some breakfast in bed. . . I was wanting to make our first morning as a couple special. . ."

Asmodeus was touched by Fizzarolli's sweet gesture. Just the fact that Fizz tried, made him love the imp even more than before.

Ozzie snuggled the sobbing imp softly and headed back to bed.

The burly demon dimmed down the lights and lyed back as he kept the small imp on his chest.

"Fizzy, I know you usually sleep with your cap on, but would you feel comfortable if I took it off for you? I think maybe you'd sleep better without it, babybear." Ozzie said softly.

Fizzarolli was definitely nervous by the topic, but he trusted Asmodeus. More than anyone

"G-Go ahead. . ." Fizz gave the demon permission to do so as he shut his eyes.

Asmodeus gently took off the cap and placed it on a special stand for it, "Doesn't that feel better, babe?" the rooster demon asked as he carefully rubbed the imp's head.

Fizz slowly opened his eyes as he grew more comfortable, little by little, "Y-Yeah. . . It does, actually. You're the only one allowed to see me without it though, okay?"

Ozzie then affectionately pressed foreheads with his Fizzy, "Of course. I wouldn't ask you of that, babybear."

Fizzarolli began to quietly purr as he nuzzled his forehead against Ozzie's.

I can't believe somebody like Ozzie really loves me. I mean, I know he does. I just feel like I really know him somehow. I've never felt like this before, with anyone. I have to keep out secret safe. I have to. . .for Ozzie.

- End of part 8