Chapter 2- A new beginning

Two years had passed since the incident, and now I was 16 years old, and a lot had changed. I had decided to continue living with my father, and despite the less than ideal circumstances, he was overjoyed to have me living with him. 

Of course, I still visited my mother and my brother every week, which turned out to be fantastic as it provided an opportunity for my parents to reconcile. 

When my father found a job in the city of Aurora, he and my mother had drifted apart, leading to their divorce as neither of them wanted to give up their jobs to move. But now, there was a possibility of them starting fresh, of reconnecting and rebuilding the relationship they had lost. It was a sign of hope for the future, and I was happy to contribute to it by maintaining a close bond with both my parents. 

My father lived in the city, in an apartment. Initially, it was challenging for me to adapt, but as time went on, I met many new people and befriended the neighbors. City life brought new opportunities and experiences that I had never encountered before. 

However, when I moved, I faced some significant challenges. Recurring nightmares and insomnia were a constant presence in my life. Every night, I struggled to fall asleep, and when I finally did, nightmares haunted me, rekindling the fear and vulnerability I had experienced in the past. 

My anxiety had also increased, especially when I had to walk alone on the streets at night. The simple act of going out after dark triggered a torrent of fears. I felt like I was being watched, as if someone were always lurking in the shadows. 

Every sudden sound or step behind me made my heart race uncontrollably, and the sense of paranoia was overwhelming. These feelings of anxiety and fear turned city life, which was supposed to be full of new opportunities and exciting experiences, into a constant battle against my own fears and insecurities. 

I decided to see a psychologist, and the sessions were really helping me deal with the anxiety and fear I felt. The psychologist advised me to find a hobby, an activity that would help me focus my mind and relax. 

On the way back home, as I walked the city streets, I noticed a poster on the door of a local florist. The poster said they were looking for an employee. This excited me because it might be the distraction I needed. 

Since I was a child, I had a natural affinity for flowers, remembering the times when I used to make flower arrangements with my mother. This activity was a reminder of happy moments and a skill I had always valued. With a renewed sense of hope, I decided to enter the florist and inquire about the job opening. The idea of working with flowers and creating arrangements seemed like the perfect opportunity to channel my energy positively and find the distraction I needed to overcome my fears and anxieties. 

And so, I was hired and started working at the florist on weekends. The peaceful atmosphere and the beauty of the flowers around me provided a comforting environment, and every arrangement I created was a unique work of art. 

As the days passed, my work at the florist not only helped me cope with anxiety but also deepened my love for the world of flowers. I learned about different types of plants, arrangement techniques, and even began teaching floral art workshops for interested customers. 

I felt that everything was going well, and this year I would finally enter high school, looking forward to this new stage. Even more exciting was the fact that my best friend, Emily, would also be attending the same school as me. 

As the days went by, the two of us prepared for high school, buying school supplies and uniforms. We talked enthusiastically about classes, teachers, and extracurricular activities we would like to try.