Chapter 4-Unwanted Reunion

At that moment, I felt a presence behind me, and panic washed over me. I turned slowly, my heart pounding uncontrollably, trying to understand what was happening. I saw the sinister figure of a tall man, dressed in dark clothes and wearing a black mask that concealed his face.

The mask was a terrifying sight as it completely hid his identity and facial expressions. His eyes, hidden behind the mask, were fixed on me, emitting a sense of imminent threat. I stood there, paralyzed by fear, as he approached with slow and calculated steps.

It was at that moment that I realized that the man was the one who had terrorized me two years ago, the serial killer who had escaped justice and had returned to haunt me. Terror and tension filled the room, and I knew I was facing again a deadly predator who was determined to finish what he had started.

His approach was slow and deliberate, filling the room with a sinister aura that made the air heavy. Each step he took seemed to echo in my soul, intensifying the sense of terror that gripped me. It was as if he were savoring every moment of our encounter, relishing in my agony.

In a gesture that sent shivers down my spine, he leaned in my direction and smelled my hair with an air of perverse intimacy. An aura of perverse satisfaction hung around him as he observed my fear and vulnerability.

Desperation took hold of me when he quickly pulled out a pair of scissors from his pocket. It was such a sudden and menacing move that I barely had time to process what was happening. Instinctively, I pushed him with all the strength I could muster and ran towards the front door.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I tried to escape the nightmare unfolding before my eyes. I could feel my heart beating uncontrollably in my chest, a wild thud that accompanied my desperate steps towards safety.

I was so close to reaching the door; I could almost feel the relief of freedom when suddenly he grabbed my hair with cruel and relentless force. The shock of his violent action made me stumble, and I was brutally pulled back into the room.

The sensation of suffocation began to settle in as he wrapped his hands around my neck, squeezing with a terrifying force. Darkness began to close in around me, and my vision blurred as I fought desperately for survival.

However, suddenly, he released his grip on my neck, leaving me coughing and gasping on the floor. My breath returned, but I was extremely weak and vulnerable.

He turned his attention to my hair, stroking it with a chilling and sinister touch. His voice sounded in a chilling whisper as he commented, "I see your hair has grown again, Alice. It's a shame. But don't worry; I'll take care of it."

I knew perfectly well what he wanted, as I had lived through that nightmare before. I was not willing to let it happen again. Desperately, my eyes scanned the room for something I could use to defend myself, to create an opportunity to escape.

The room was sparsely furnished, but my eyes fixated on an object that could serve as my only chance to resist. Quickly, I twisted towards a table lamp that was nearby, grabbed it with all my might, and swung it in his direction in a desperate attempt to keep him at bay.

The lamp struck him with a dull thud, causing him to recoil momentarily. With all my energy, I ran towards the front door, my heart pounding uncontrollably, and a determination to escape at all costs.

Upon reaching the door, my hands trembled as I tried to unlock it urgently. Each second felt like an eternity, with the latent fear that he might catch up with me at any moment. Finally, the door gave way, and I rushed outside, the cold night enveloping me.

My legs ran as if propelled by an instinct for survival, and I moved as fast as I could. The dark and silent streets witnessed my frantic escape as I sought refuge and help.