Chapter 11-Hearts in Conflict

In the days that followed, I continued to manage the flower shop during the day and spent time at the occult club with Raven in the evenings. With each passing day, I discovered more about her, and she was much more than I had ever imagined. Our conversations and experiences at the club deepened our friendship, making it more meaningful.

Time passed quickly, and the weekend had already arrived. I was looking forward to my outing with Lucas, but I was unsure about what to wear. I opened my closet and examined my clothes, but I was indecisive. I wanted to get my father's opinion, but he wasn't at home at the moment. That's when I remembered Filipe, my neighbor, and decided to knock on his door for advice.

Filipe opened the door, looking a bit disheveled, as if he had just woken up. He gazed at me with a tired expression but still managed a smile. Concerned, I asked if he was okay because he seemed exhausted. He explained that he had worked late the previous night and then asked about the reason for my visit. I explained that I needed help choosing an outfit, but I would understand if he wanted to rest, given his tiredness.

He looked at me with a thoughtful expression and suddenly gave a mischievous smile. He proposed, "If you make me breakfast, I'll help you pick out an outfit." It was an unexpected deal, but I laughed and agreed, thanking him for the assistance he was willing to offer.

Then we went to my room. I tried on my pink dress, but Filipe shook his head, saying it looked too childish. I attempted another, a black dress, but he chuckled and joked that it looked like I was going to a funeral.

Next, he got up and began examining the clothes in my closet. As he rummaged through them, he asked me why I was so concerned about choosing an outfit, as it wasn't something typical for me.

I looked at Filipe, frustrated, and replied, "By saying that, it sounds like I'm always poorly dressed." My reaction revealed my sensitivity regarding the topic of fashion and appearance, and I felt somewhat uncomfortable about the situation.

He turned suddenly and apologized, saying that wasn't what he meant. He assured me that he loved my style and that I generally didn't use to be so indecisive. I blushed with embarrassment and explained that I was nervous because I was going out with a friend, and I wanted to make a good impression.

Filipe's reaction was one of surprise, and he immediately suggested that I was in love. I vehemently denied and emphasized that he was just a friend. I didn't have time to think about relationships, especially with the constant threat of the killer on the loose. Furthermore, I was interested in getting closer to Lucas, who was a very intriguing and friendly person.

He sat down beside me and shared a deeper insight. He told me not to be foolish and explained that, often, the best opportunities to fall in love come during the most challenging moments in life. Then, he asked me if there was someone for whom I had special feelings.

I looked at Filipe and explained that I was confused. I had never really thought about love or dating. I knew it was normal for teenagers to have those feelings, but I wasn't a typical teenager. I had many concerns and responsibilities, and I couldn't afford to let my guard down because my life was at risk.

However, recently, I had been experiencing strange feelings like butterflies in my stomach and shyness. Filipe patted my head and explained that these were normal reactions for someone falling in love. He asked me if there was anyone I had those special feelings for.

I glanced away and admitted that I was confused in that regard. I had had those feelings for more than one person. Filipe began to laugh and said he had experienced something similar. He explained that the world was full of people, and it was normal to feel a connection with more than one of them. He suggested that talking about it might help clarify my feelings toward these people.