Chapter 12-Finally Love

The weekend had passed, and as I arrived at school on Monday, my friend Emily approached with a concerned look on her face. She had been informed by Lucas about what had happened at the fair.

With a reassuring smile, I assured her that everything was fine. I told Emily that I had talked to Kate, and things seemed to have been resolved, at least that was the impression I got from our meeting at the fair.

Throughout the day, classes proceeded as usual, but anxiety continued to accompany me. After school, I decided to follow Filipe's advice and take the initiative. I was determined to go to the club and find Mason.

As I reached the club's door, my courage faltered. The memory of how I had run away from Mason that day when he defended me at the fair weighed on my mind, filling me with shame. I thought that waiting until the next day wouldn't hurt, so I began to turn to leave.

However, just as I was about to give up, the door swung open abruptly. Mason appeared before me, his eyes displaying a mix of indignation and frustration. Without waiting for my apologies or explanations, he approached me, held my hand, and pulled me into the club.

The atmosphere inside the club was strangely tense, and I realized I was the first one to arrive. Only uncomfortable silence and Mason's critical gaze accompanied me. He came closer, and his serious expression and scrutinizing eyes made me feel like I was being interrogated.

Mason broke the silence by asking me why I hadn't shown up at the club all week.

I looked at Mason nervously, my words coming out in a rush as I tried to mask my true feelings. "I've been busy with work," I said, my voice quivering, hoping my explanation sounded convincing.

Mason, however, didn't seem convinced. He responded firmly, "You didn't have time for the club, but you spent the whole week at the occult club."

A knot formed in my stomach, and my worry escalated. He knew about the occult club and where I had been. "I'm sorry that Kate bothered you," he continued. "I didn't know she was mistreating you. I'll make sure that doesn't happen again."

He went on, sensing my hesitation, "I understand that you're afraid to be around me, but if you're thinking about changing clubs because of it, don't. You can keep coming to the club, and I'll distance myself."

Mason began to walk away, leaving, and the urgency to clear things up made me chase after him. However, my own nervousness and haste made me stumble over my own feet, and I ended up falling on him.

He immediately asked if I was okay, and I nodded, thanking him for catching me during the fall. I looked at him, feeling embarrassed, and apologized once again, distracted by the situation.

The atmosphere between us had changed. What had been a tense environment was now charged with a different energy. Mason suggested that we practice together, and I eagerly accepted. I went to gear up, and while more people started arriving at the club, at that moment, it felt like it was just the two of us there.

After the activities at the club, I recently went to a newly opened clothing store to buy some pieces that were missing from my wardrobe. To my surprise, I ran into Kate, who was working at that store. She explained that she had an unwavering passion for fashion since childhood and dreamed of studying design in the future. So, working at that clothing store was a dream come true for her.

The turnaround in our interaction was remarkable as Kate was notably friendlier and more open than before. She exhibited unquestionable good taste as she helped me select the clothing pieces that suited me best. As we tried on different clothes, we laughed and had a great time, making the shopping experience much more enjoyable.