"say it again" , rui kamishiro

stupid highschooler behaviour

-

The thought of loving someone never crossed Rui's mind often. Sure, it'd be nice having someone that could pass this infinite boundary he always had between him and others.

That seemed impossible to him, considering the 'weirdo' he is.

So when you, one of the popular kids in his year, had started hanging out with him. He was baffled, he didn't know what you saw in him.

He didn't mind though, he made new friends because of you. He's never really.. talked to so many people at school. It felt nice.

Despite all this, he was fully convinced that you would end up straying away from him once he does something that would weird you out.

For some odd reason, you stayed.

He found himself, legs comfortably crossed and his chin in the palm of his hand as he stares at you. You who is talking to him so comfortably, how stupid. That stupid, silly smile on your face.

He liked it.

"..Aren't I weird?" Rui suddenly asks, his voice casual. He never had a problem with voicing his mind, it's the one thing that made the real people that liked him stay; that's what he believed.

"Weird?" You repeated to yourself, a bit startled from the sudden question. You hum and think for a while, "A bit, yeah."

"So why do you still talk to me?" He questions again, looking at you confused. He's considered weird to you but you still enjoy talking to him?

"Yeah, you're weird. That's what I like about you," you continue, "You're so funny, so chaotic and every day it's unusual. I like it."

He goes silent, staring at you. You like it? Who likes stupid stuff like that? He found himself thinking to himself, staring at you with a blank face.

You look nice today, the way your hair looks right now is refreshing. He tilts his head as he inspects more of your features. Your lips look soft, he wonders how it would feel.

Rui suddenly jolts at that thought, turning red in the face. You look at him with a confused face, "Kamishiro?-"

He immediately takes his stuff, obviously flustered. You've never seen this side of him, all fidgety and nervous. Nervous is not a word that goes with Rui.

The sunlight looks good when it hits him, so golden and warm. He looks away awkwardly, it's cute. He hides his flushed face with his hand that has been resting on his chin, pouting like a child.

You can't help but smile at him, like you always do.

He was never the person you'd expect him to be, he probably doesn't remember but when you first noticed him on the rooftop, making a random scrapped bot. It intrigued you, the way his hands moved with such precision and focus, his eyes unwavering and concentrated.

Everyone said he was odd, something about him setting him aside from others. But no — you could see it, how dedicated he was, how caring he could be, and how much you liked being around him.

"..Rui," you mumble mindlessly, zoning out. He perks up, looking at you confused. You had called him by his first name, something you never done before.

"S-sorry, I-" you stammer painfully awkwardly, stiffening as you notice his blank expression that contradicts his complex, energetic personality.

"Say it again."

You look at him confused, he asked you to say it again? You tilt your head, wondering if you were just hearing things but no.

"..Say it again," he muttered, looking up at you through his furrowed brows, "Please."

You give him a shook look, blinking a few times but he doesn't say anything. "Rui.." I mumble once more, watching him carefully.

Our eyes don't leave each others, simply staring at each other. I open my lips to speak, my heart picking up speed.

"..I wanna get closer to you," he says, his voice barely audible, "I wanna see every part of you. I want to see you cry, laugh and whine."

"I want to be a part of it all," his eyes locking with yours, "I wanna be the closest person to you."

The desk shifts, it rubs against the ground and causes a screeching sound. But it's quiet in the room, his lips are on yours.

Rui stares at the ceiling, still bamboozled. His hand covering his flushed face. He feels like he's in a cheesy shoujo (he is 😈), but he's the female protagonist.

This feeling, it's unfamiliar. It's so fulfilling, to have someone by his side. Someone so.. close and warm.

Maybe, just maybe, this infinite boundary has been passed.

i gave up at the end 😭

i forgot this app existed.