Chapter 8 | late night whispers

----------

He nudges my arm in a playful manner and I only smile in response. Not really knowing how to respond. But he's not wrong. Maybe I should give it a shot. I mean we are living together, which may become awkward depending on the type of person he is with that stuff. Maybe he's not ready, especially considering everything he went through before I met him.

----------

We find ourselves in a random hotel. Brook talking to the lady at the counter. Every so often Nami has to hit him over the head to make sure he stays on track and not flirt with her.

I don't quite know why we're here but, I'm way too sloshed to even care. I really just wanted to lay down and go to sleep.

"Yohoho! Come on guys!"

"What room did you book"

"Why are we hereeee..."

I stand up groggily and drag my feet towards Brook and the rest with Luffy on Sanji's back.

"Cause all of our places are ages away from here and we definitely won't make it there in one piece"

"But that cop could've given us a lift!"

"yeah and how's it gonna look when we explain Chopper is one year under age from legal drinking age"

Chopper giggles sheepishly, Franky glares at Robin who once again put him back in his place.

"What so we're sharing a tiny ass room?"

"Nope! I got a big pad so it has plenty rooms"

"You booked a whole pad for one night?!"

"Well- yeah"

I mentally slap my forehead at Brook's stupidness.

Once we get into the pad I immediately make my way to a random room and plonk down on the bed face first.
Sanji comes barging in not long after with Luffy.

"Hey! Stupid moss head! Take your equally stupid lover boy"

I groan and sit up. "He's not my lover boy, stupid cook"

Sanji drops Luffy down on the bed and walks back out, closing the door behind him. I sigh and stand up, turning a lamp on beside the bed and then walking to turn the bedroom light off. The minute I turn around Luffy is sat up and struggling to take his belt off.
I quickly run up to him and hold his hands away from each other.

He looks up at me confused.

"Zoro! I wanna get out of these pants they're super tight!"

"I don't care, no way are you sleeping without pants on again in the same bed as me!"

"Huh?! Why not?!"

"Because I said so!"

"Does it make you nervousssss"

I let go of his hands and roll my eyes, walking over to my side of the bed and beginning to take off my shirt.

"Hey! Nuh uh if I can't take my pants off you can't take your shirt off!"

"But I always sleep with my shirt off"

"And I always sleep with my pants off! I have boxers on"

"No way! Not again!"

Luffy jumps up and stands in my proximity. His face close to mine. Our chests touching. He tilts his head and smiles.

"Why not?"

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out.

"This again, you did it this morning too"

I gulp and manage to take a step back and tear my gaze from his. I say nothing and get into bed fully clothed. He walks around to the other side of the bed and crawls in himself.
I stiffen my body as he wiggles closer to me.

"Luffy"

"Mhm!"

"Don't touch me"

"You didn't mind last time"

I stay silent, trying to find the right words.

"Why are you putting your walls up?"

"What walls"

"You know what I mean"

I don't say anything again, instead I turn the lamp off and face him. I feel his hot breath on my face. He must be so close to the point our noses could touch with any movement.
I hear his fingers scratch the sheets as his hand crawls to mine. Slowly his fingers circle the top of my hand.

"I told you about my ex.. so why won't you tell me about yours"

"There's nothing to talk about. I trusted someone with all my heart and they left. It's no biggy"

"It must be, because now anyone who wants to get close with you romantically can't. It's impossible"

"You've had way too much to drink"

Our voices are low whispers, trying to stay quiet for those trying to sleep. I can hear Chopper giggling with Franky. Robin making a shushing sound towards them every couple of minutes. I also hear Brook outside with Sanji chatting. The others must be asleep already.

"Maybe so, but I'm not blind drunk. I can still think straight"

"Obviously not, you're talking nonsense.."

"You know I'm not"

I say nothing.

"Zoro?"

"Mm?"

I feel his face lift off the bed, and a soft wet kiss being planted on my cheek. I freeze, not knowing what to say or think. I feel my face heat up. He turns around, facing his back towards me and whispering a simple 'goodnight'.

I move closer to him and wrap my arms around his waist, pulling him closer to me. His legs bend and his body stiffens but quickly relaxes. I run two fingers down his the side of his thigh and back up again, repeating the process over and over. I can't help but feel his back arch with every feathering touch.