Chapter 13 | sudden discovery

---------

I hear him giggle from the from at my words and his feet shuffling around as he gets ready in a hurry.

---------

We all meet out front of the hotel. Luffy with his towel over his shoulder and mine in his hand. I hold our jumpers for later on.
I see Nami with a bag and swoon over her with puppy eyes. She sighs and pulls the bag off her shoulders, opening it up and shoving it into my chest.
I evilly giggle and put mine and Luffy's jumpers and wallets in the there.

"Thanks Nami"

"Yeah yeah"

We make our way to the beach, Luffy and I walking at the back of the group because he's complaining his feet hurt. I told him to put his shoes back on but it was a constant back and forth argument.
I see Robin fall behind in the group and walk beside me.

"You okay?"

She stays quiet and focuses her gaze on Nami, as if she didn't even hear me. Luffy on the other hand, beside me hopping back and forth on either foot whining and hissing. I really don't get why he's putting himself through this- wait..

"Luffy, do you want a puffy back?"

"Yeah! Finally"

I roll my eyes and stop in my tracks, he jumps on my back with force. Robin offers to take his shoes and he doesn't complain about that. I hold onto his legs to keep him secure and look at Robin.

"Robin? You good?" I ask her again. This time I get a response.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay.."

"Sure? You don't seem okay.."

I turn my gaze to where she's staring. At the back of Nami's head.

"Have you noticed anything different about Nami?"

"How do you mean?"

"I'm not sure.. how to explain it without sounding rude"

"That's quite impossible because you never sound rude"

She huffs and shrugs her shoulders ever so slightly. She fixes the knot on her transparent long skirt that sits over her bathing suit. I never got the point in those..

"I'm not sure.. she tells me everything but she's been acting weird. Every time I ask her what's wrong she either changes the subject or acts crazy"

"She's a good liar.. sounds nothing like her"

"Exactly, that's why it's weird"

I look at her for a moment and then flick my attention to Nami. Luffy on my back munching on a candy bar he probably shoved in his bag before we left the house.

"She looks pregnant"

Luffy speaks with his mouthful again, I feel a crumb drop down off my shoulder.

"Hey- Luffy you moron! What did I say about talking with your mouthful"

He giggles, but it being cut off by a small gasp from Robin. I flick my attention to her. Her hand covering her mouth.

"What? What is it?"

"She is pregnant.. Luffy you might be right"

"Huh"

"Moron, just eat ur candy bar"

I feel him shrug and keep munching on his candy bar.

"You really think so Robin?"

"Definitely, not to sound bitchy but her stomach has a small bump, she's been eating more, and her moods have been crazier than usual"

"I don't really see a difference with any of that apart from her stomach... though I was over at their house a couple weeks ago and boy she was eating fast. It was a weird combination of food too. Like pickles and a sandwich with mustard and ham"

I shudder at the remembrance of her meal compared to Sanji's. So gross.

"She definitely is. I just have to convince her to tell me"

With that she walks ahead of the line and up front to where Nami is walking with Sanji and Chopper. Franky reaching out as if to say something but she completely misses him and doesn't even realise he's there. He turns back to me and pouts. I laugh at his face, Usopp joining in. Causing us both to get kicked in the ankle.