Chapter 21 | backstory

ZOROS POV:

The day went on normally, Luffy took her for a walk to get outside and told me he'd show her places to remember in case she ever needed to find us. Those places were often areas we'd go for runs on or go to every day for hours at a time. Hopefully she'd never have to use these, but you can never be too prepared. Shes only 5 turning 6 but she's quite smart.
She wasn't lying about her mum becoming a nurse either, yet she ruined her course because she stole a bunch of meds and drugs and needles for her so called 'mates'. When she got caught she served time in jail, got pregnant by one of the guards and because she did good deeds to get some weeks off her sentence and the 'dad' of her child, Luna, paid off some of her sentence she got out a year early. Probably not legal, but they both didn't want it getting out and neither did the chief or whatever. I'm not a legal expert I tend to stay away from it all, but that's just how Luffy explained it at his best.

Ever since Luna was born her and her mother were on their own. Apart of the deal of her getting out a year early was that the dad wouldn't ever be apart of their lives and he couldn't try and reach out or they'd both be in deep shit. Honestly I wouldn't want him reaching out if I were either of them.
Luna's mother heavily started depending on medical drugs at first after she was born, but as she got older her mum started going deeper and deeper into things. Luffy had been there through everything, they were childhood best friends but parted because Shanks didn't like her parents.
Unfortunately the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Currently Luffy was tucking in Luna to bed, making sure she was okay about 20 times by the sound of it. Grabbing her water, leaving her some snacks apparently which I found hilarious. Luffy heard my snickers from our room down the hall and chucked his dirty sock at my face before running off again.
I didn't find that funny.

"Zoro!"

Before I know it a heavy lump collapses on me followed by a bunch of kisses and giggles.

"Hello Lu"

I chuckle in return and kiss his forehead. He smiles and stares into my eyes. We've been dating close to a week now probably. I don't pay attention really. It feels like forever. It's like everything I've ever searched for through my life, the good and the bad, was right here. Breaking all my bones currently and giggling like my pain is the funniest thing in the world. I adore him, in short.

"I'm sleepy"

"You don't have late night munchies?"

"Taking care of a kid gets me tired~"

I chuckle and let him fall beside me on his back. I then stand and strip my shirt off, turn the lights off after my lamp is on and then tuck Luffy in comfortably.

"Well now you know how I feel"

"Wha- hey! I'm not a kid I'm a grown adult!"

I sigh and get in beside Luffy.

"Luffy you can't even go into the store alone you force me to come with half the time"

"I went alone today!"

"Yeah because it was for Luna and you had a shit tone of candy beforehand"

"That was some good candy..."

I get comfy in bed and turn toward Luffy, holding my arm out so he can snuggle in closer to me.

"Alright let's go to sleep Lu, I'm sure Luna will be awake early. Dont all kids wake up way too early for everyone's sanity?"

Luffy giggles again and kisses my cheek softly, I feel his legs wrap around mine before he finally settles. I run my hands through his hair as his breathing slows. No matter how deep of a sleep he's in though, he never loosens his grip from me. Never, not once. I find it adorable.

——————-

Very short chapter but, I'm updating again!!!
This is a once in a blue moon event. So enjoy....

:,)