Chapter 5 "Special"

Shigetsu: "Alright. Rayochi, Saruto, Kenjiro. Before the semi-finals, I will give you all a small break period to do whatever. So enjoy yourselves."

Saruto: "Well, I'm gonna go get something to eat. Rayochi, wanna come?"

Rayochi: "Uhh yeah! I'll go!"

Saruto: "Come on then." Saruto began walking away, signaling Rayochi to follow him. With that, the two exited the sparring room. After making it to the kitchen area, Saruto opened the cabinet and grabbed a container of some snack.

Rayochi: "Oh, what's that?"

Saruto: "Chocolate dipped biscuit sticks. I made them myself!" Saruto opened the box.

Saruto: "Here, try it. You won't regret it, trust me." Saruto pointed the box in Rayochi's direction.

Rayochi: "O-Oh, okay. Thank you." Rayochi hesitantly reached in the box and grabbed a stick. By this time, Saruto already had 2 of them in his mouth. Rayochi took a bite.

Rayochi: "Hmm, it's not bad actually."

Saruto: "You said that like you expected it to be bad!"

Rayochi: "No no no! I didn't mean it like that, i swear!"

Saruto: "Chill down, I'm joking here. I couldn't care less about whether you liked it or not." There was a small moment of silence between the two as they ate their snacks.

Saruto: "Hey, can i ask you something?"

Rayochi: "Ask me anything!"

Saruto: "How much do you know about the supernaturals? Or what do you know, rather." Rayochi paused for a second.

Rayochi: "S-Supernatural!? What's that?" Saruto looked at the ground, disappointed.

Saruto: "I see... So you don't know anything..."

Rayochi: "WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!? FIRST KENJIRO AND NOW YOU!!! WHAT'S GOING ON!!!"

Saruto: "Hey hey! Simmer down. A supernatural is what Shigetsu saved you from a few weeks ago."

Rayochi: "Oh really? That thing!? I was for sure imagining that I thought. Hunger does cause hallucinations!"

Saruto: "You know...there's something special about you. I mean this in the most platonic way possible."

Rayochi: "Platonic? What's that mean?"

Saruto: "Never mind it, let's go back to the sparring room." Saruto gave a gentle smile and closed up his box of biscuit sticks.

Rayochi and Saruto finally came back to the sparring room after having that little convo in the kitchen.

Giroshige: "Ah, you're back! Kenjiro is already in the circle waiting for you Saruto."

Saruto: "Yes, Giroshige." Saruto began walking to the center circle and stood right in front of Kenjiro.

Shigetsu: "Okay! Saruto versus Kenjiro! On three. One, two, and...THREE!"

Kenjiro darted at Saruto. Saruto moved out of the way and avoided collision from him. Kenjiro began throwing consecutive attacks at Saruto, Saruto was catching all of the attacks with his bare hand. This offense vs. defense scenario went on for a solid minute or so before Kenjiro broke Saruto's gaurd and struck a blow at his nose. Leaving a nasty mark there. Saruto retaliated by unleashing a gut punch, destabilizing Kenjiro for a second. Saruto took advantage of that and proceeded to hit a 5-hit combo on Kenjiro, knocking him down on one knee then kicking him in the face.

Giroshige: "DAMN!"

Shigetsu: "Hmmm.."

Kenjiro, after being knocked down, rotated his body and struck a full force kicked at Saruto's cheek. Kenjiro then got up and combo'd Saruto with at least eight consecutive hits, punching and kicking. However, this did not phase Saruto, as he began to deliver the attacks right back.

Rayochi: ("Come on Saruto! Beat him, I know you can win this!")

Osami: "Wooo! Go Saruto!"

Kinin: "Do you like him or something? He is the only individual you cheer for in anything."

Osami: "D-D-Don't assume things!!" Osami grew bright red.

Saruto caught Kenjiro with a right and left hook, then roundhouse kicked his head. Kenjiro began to bleed from his nose and head.

Kenjiro: "You little-".

Saruto: "Hah! Little? Aren't I three years older than you?" Saruto taunted cockily.

Kenjiro: "WOOOAAARRHHHHH!!!!" Suddenly, Kenjiro let out a war cry as the scar on his forehead grew bigger. Kenjiro immediately threw a punch faster than the speed of sound, nobody could even see the punch, only the result from Saruto who has been hit by the punch. Saruto's eyes rolled to the back of his head and he passed out. Kenjiro was the victor.

Giroshige: "Wh-What the hell!?"

Shigetsu: "KENJIRO!"

Osami: "O-OH NO! IS SARUTO DEAD!!?" Osami began to panic and tear up. Rayochi stood paralyzed in shock.

Kinin: "Kenjiro has broken every rule since he started fighting." Yuno ran to Saruto's aid, kneeling down right beside him, and proceeded with kissing him on the lips. Everyone looked shocked, but Giroshige and Shigetsu.

Rayochi: "IS SHE REALLY DOING THAT AT A TIME LIKE THIS!?"

Giroshige: "Calm yourselves. Yuno has a special ability. Her kisses can recharge anyone's energy to the fullest, change their mood, increase their bloodflow, and even cure sickness. For the small price of having some of her own energy drained."

Rayochi: ("That explains a lot actually...") *Flashback to when Yuno kissed Rayochi* Yuno kept her lips on Saruto's, making sure he could get the fullest of her powers, and then she finally got off of him.

Yuno: "He will be just fine. His heart is pumping normally, and his minor concussion is fully healed."

Giroshige: "You really are amazing Yuno, I love you for that." Yuno cutely smiled at Giroshige and looked away to hide her blush. Kenjiro still stood in the exact same place from where he punched Saruto. He had a very traumatic look on his face while staring down at his fist.

Kenjiro: ("What...happened to me?")