Chapter 8 "Hidden Power"

As Kenjiro stood over the knocked out and bleeding Rayochi, he contemplated on what the right thing to do would be at this time. But as he contemplated, Rayochi woke up ever so suddenly. But this was a different Rayochi. This Rayochi was not the same one Kenjiro beat on a few minutes ago. All of Rayochi's wounds slowly began to heal as Kenjiro steadily backed up. Rayochi picked himself up from the ground and stared through Kenjiro's soul with hateful and vengeful eyes. Or actually, with one hateful and vengeful eye. His left eye was closed, but his right eye was widened open, and this eye looked immensely different from it's orignal state. Rayochi's iris was red, and his sclera was black. Kenjiro's legs began to feel like jelly as they shook in fear.

Kenjiro: "Wh-Who are you?

Kenjiro: "Wh-Who are you?... JUST WHO ARE YOU DAMMIT!!??" Kenjiro screamed in desperation at Rayochi before charged at Kenjiro and punched him in his chest. The punch caused Kenjiro to cough out a lot of saliva as he was thrown into the alleyway wall. The punch had so much force that it left an imprint of Kenjiro's figure in the hard bricks that made up the wall. Kenjiro fell on to the floor, coughing and hacking as he crawled around.

Rayochi: "Now then... What were you saying?" Rayochi said with a strong sense of sinister and malevolence in his tone. Rayochi grabbed Kenjiro by his shirt collar and slammed him up against the wall. But it was just then when Rayochi's eye began to turn back to normal, and when his other eye started to open up until it was open fully. With Rayochi losing his superhuman strength, he had no choice but to drop Kenjiro. When he hit the floor, all he could do was pant while Rayochi stood over him. Rayochi looked down at his hand before turning away and running off. Leaving Kenjiro hurt in the alleyway.

34 minutes have passed after Rayochi and Kenjiro's fight. Kokona stood by herself on the cliff of a mountain looking down at hidden branch city. She had a small smile on her face as she enjoyed the aerial view. She heard the bushes rustle behind her, and an unexpected person came falling out of the bushes.

"Mmff!" They grunted in pain as they hit the ground.

"Ah! There you are!" That person was Rayochi.

"O-Oh..R-Rayochi?" Kokona had a look of concern and awe on her face as she tilted her head slightly to the left in confusion.

"Everyone was so worried about you! How come you ran away?" Rayochi began walking towards Kokona, and when he reached her, he stopped and stood next to her. Both of them enjoying the view.

"W-Well..I-..I umm...umm.." Kokona stuttered as she began to blush, tugging on the hem of her shirt.

Rayochi: "You did great."

Kokona: "H-Huh?"

Rayochi: "During the fight, y'know? It was cool how you just changed personalities and showed Ken who's boss!" Rayochi shouted confidently as he slammed his fists together, unintentionally making Kokona flinch. Kokona smiled weakly.

Kokona: "Th-That wasn't just some...cool little trick or anything...It was something called Chikara..I-..I was born with it...Persona Chikara to be exact.."

Rayochi: "Chika-what-what?" Rayochi asked in confusion, making Kokona giggle softly.

Kokona: "I-I'm sure you'll learn what it is soon enough..."

Kokona: "Everytime I-I use it...I-I l-lose my ability to speak for 40-50 minutes...it's almost l-like having a stroke...It does something to that p-part of my brain."

Rayochi: "Oh.." Rayochi said, not knowing exactly how to respond to that.

Rayochi: "B-But can you tell me why exactly you ran away?"

Kokona: "Oh...I g-guess it's because...I felt embarrassed... and humiliated..."

Rayochi: "Ah, I understand. I'm sure anyone would feel that way after having that happen to them." Kokona was quiet for a moment. The silence was broken by the sound of her sniffles and her tears hitting the grass.

Kokona: "I-...*sniffle*...I just want to be stronger!" She said before sobbing into her hands. Rayochi immediately felt bad for her and placed a hand on her back.

Rayochi: "Don't cry Kokona...The longer you take to get stronger, the better the result you'll have!" Rayochi said before smiling warmly at her. Kokona looked at Rayochi with big tearful eyes. Her sobbing began to slow down until it was just sniffles and whines.

Rayochi: "It's a beautiful view from up here isn't it?" Said Rayochi before completely immersing his vision into the sight before them.

Kokona: "Mhmm..." Kokona nodded. And the two of them stared off into the bright city lights.

Rayochi: "*chuckles* I guess one thing me and you have in common

Rayochi: "*chuckles* I guess one thing me and you have in common...Is that we both have Hidden Power."