Chapter 10 "The disappearance of Kinin"

All was seemingly well for the conclusion of the night. Everyone was in their beds. There were 3 bunk beds stacked on each side of the bedroom. The right corner bunk beds is where Rayochi, Kenjiro, and Osami slept. Rayochi on the bottom, Osami in the middle, and Kenjiro on the top. The left corner was where Saruto, Kokona, and Kinin would sleep. Saruto on bottom, Kinin in the middle, and Kokona on the top bunk. Sukenya, not having a bed yet. Made a small cot on the floor right next to Rayochi's bed. She rolled herself up in the blankets until she was like a little sushi roll, then she fell asleep. Everyone was asleep except for Saruto and Rayochi.

Saruto: "Hey Ray...You awake?"

Rayochi: "Y-yeah, why?" Rayochi asked sleepily.

Saruto: "Have you seen Kinin anywhere?" Saruto was startled by the absence of Kinin in the bedroom.

Rayochi: "Not since dinner..."

Saruto: "Maybe he's just getting a snack or sleeping somewhere else. I shouldn't worry too much, sorry for bothering you."

Rayochi: "No really it's oka-" Rayochi couldn't even finish his sentence before yawning.

Saruto: "Me and Kinin were the first two orphans to be brought to this place. So we became really close friends. Goodnight, Rayochi."

Rayochi: "Goodnight Saruto." Rayochi and Saruto both drifted off to sleep. A couple of hours passed, and Kinin still hasn't returned to the bedroom. Saruto woke up.

Saruto: "nnrgnnh..." he groaned and got out of bed. Exiting the bedroom and making his way to the bathroom.

He went inside and took a leak, washing his hands and then looking at himself in the mirror whilst splashing his face with cold water

He went inside and took a leak, washing his hands and then looking at himself in the mirror whilst splashing his face with cold water. After that, he went to go get a drink of water from the kitchen. It was oddly dark and quiet. He felt like maybe he'd find or hear Kinin somewhere after walking through the halls and passing all of the rooms. Saruto got his cup of water then decided to explore the mansion for a little bit. Or maybe search would be a better term, as he began to search for Kinin while he was at it. He went through and opened every door in the mansion except for Giroshige's room and Shigetsu's room. After looking around for a good solid 5 minutes. Saruto came to a realization as his eyes widened in shock..

Saruto: "(Kinins'... Kinin is...GONE!)" Saruto dropped his glass cup on the floor, making it shatter as he ran out of the orphange, In search of his best friend. Now, not only did Kinin disappear, but so did Saruto...all in one night.

The next morning arrived and the first one up was Kokona. She left the bedroom and began walking to the bathroom to freshen up. Rayochi was still in a somewhat sleepy state. He was consciously sleeping but contemplating on whether or not he should wake up. But waking up was no longer a choice,he sprung wide awake after hearing Kokona shriek. As well as the other kids. Kokona began to whine and hold back tears as she fell to the ground. Mizuni, being already in the kitchen, rushed to Kokona's aid. There she found Kokona sitting on the ground in agony with a shard of glass in her foot.