Tired

Mani P.o.v

Feeling my eyes start to close I fought my sleep, glancing at my phone for the like the 50th time tonight I seen that was getting close to 3 AM. Shaking my head I got tired of waiting yet another night for my boyfriend to come home, standing up from the couch just as I reached for the remote I could hear the locks on the door turn, the door slowly opened. He probably thought I was sleeping that's probably why he's trying to sneak in but think again nigga.

"You don't have to sneak inside, this yo crib too." A full blown attitude could be heard with every word.

"Why you not sleep mamas?"

"Seriously Josh? That's the very first thing that you ask when you see that your girlfriend has stayed up for like the 16th time waiting up for you!?"

"I mean...ain't nobody telling you to do that tho ma." I stared at the boy who claimed he loved me but yet I haven't felt loved in almost two weeks.

"Goodnight Josh." Clicking the TV off I left him standing in the dark, I could hear his footsteps slowly start to follow me to our shared bedroom. His statement downstairs made almost want to cry, inconsiderate lil bastard.

Josh is a rapper, I understand the studio time being long, tours, the publicity eye being on us all the time, but Josh is supposed to be on a break. He just got done touring since his last album went double platinum so i'm not understanding the coming home late. While he took a shower I was deciding if  I wanted to leave to guest room or not, I honestly was too tired to move.

By the time Josh got out the shower I was halfway sleep, I wasn't waiting for him it's just what he said was still running through my mind.

"Mamas?.....Mani?.....Baby I know you're still awake." I didn't move a muscle, keeping my eyes closed I continued to let sleep takeover. Feeling the bed dip Josh wrapped his arms around but I quickly scooted over not wanting to be touched. He chuckled.

"I knew you were still up....what I said downstairs I promise you I didn't mean it like that mamas."

".....You still said it." Mumbling, I seriously don't have the energy to talk about this.

"I know but I didn't mean it like."

"Josh p-please just leave me alone." My voice cracked and I know he definitely heard now he's really not going to leave me alone. Josh promised he'll never make me cry unless it's like happy tears or something, but he believes his girl should be happy 24/7, if she's not your obviously doing something wrong.

"Emani are you-."

"No!" Placing the cover over my head to suppress the sounds of my sniffles. I don't care that i'm lowkey acting like a brat but my feelings are hurt. I've expressed to Josh how much him coming home late gets to me, especially if he's not communicating so. Further more he just got off tour and still doesn't have time for is sad and disappointing.

"Cmere." Pulling me onto his lap he rocked us back and forth giving me a moment to calm.

"Talk to me Mani, you know how I am about communicating your feelings." Kissing my forehead softly. My sniffles died down before silence took over us.

"Josh baby i'm tired....I understand that when all this started alot of things would change, I missed you so much while you were on tour, and now you're on a break but don't seem to have time for me, i'm tired."

"Ima do better mamas, you and I both know this is new to me...i'm tryna get used to all changes around but I understand where you coming from, you miss papa and ima do better."

"That's all i'm asking." Josh lifted my head bringing our lips together, we stayed like that for a moment before we fell asleep cuddling.

~~~~~