It Doesn't Last Long (King Von)

Mani P.o.v

"You know Von getting released tomorrow." Nodding my head the statement, forgetting I was on the phone driving I said a quick yea. I was talking to my sister on the way to pick up my daughter up from school.  Dayvon, or as everyone else knows him as King Von is the father of my daughter, Kamarii. Kamarii is 7 and the meanest but sweetest little girl I could ever ask for.

"You don't sound excited." Cus i'm not. This has happened too many times before, even before I got pregnant with our daughter Von was in and out the slammer. It took up too much time tryna to keep up with Von and his ways so when Kamarii was around two years I broke it off with Von, we've been co-parenting since.

"Mani! Girl are you even listening?"

"Not really, I just pulled into Mari school I'll call you later." Hanging up in her face I didn't care for a response. Finding a park I got out the car making my way inside the school to sign her out.

"Mommy!" Hearing a high pitched scream I looked to my right seeing my beautiful daughter running towards me. A perfect mix between Von and I.

"Hi pretty." Leaning over I gave her a tight hug. Her teacher cane over with a smile.

"How was she today?" I asked hoping before positive feedback.

"Great actually! She was well behaved and even helped some of the other kids today, she doing better." I smiled down at Kamarii. Kamarii has had some behavioral problems since the last time Von got locked up. I'm not blaming it fully on him, but everytime he goes in something in Kamarii changes. Saying a thank you Kamarii and I headed to the car.

"I'm proud of you baby girl." Making sure her seatbelt was on and secured I pulled off heading home.

"Thank you mommy.Can I have my ipad?" She cheesed with all her teeth. I laughed a little handing her ipad.

"Since you were good today you can pick a dessert to have after dinner, how does that sound?" Glancing in the rear view mirror to see her reaction.

"Yes! Yes! Oooh I want ice cream! No wait-."

"Baby Calm down, you'll have plenty of time to choose when we get home."

"Ok mommy. Mommy?"

" Yes K?"

"Has daddy called?" Now that I think of it he hasn't.

"Um not-." I was interrupted by a phone call coming through. Speaking of the devil.

"Kamarii baby look who's calling." I showed her my phone screen. I answered immediately.

"Daddy!" She yelled in excitement.

"Lil folks wassup." Vons voice came through the car on the loudspeaker. "How was school?"

"Good daddy, Mommy said I can get a dessert for being good today." I smiled a little as they talked, no matter what Von made it necessity to have a connection with her. We soon pulled into the garage of our 4 bedroom house, I didn't want a big crib but of course Von said otherwise.

"When we get inside go upstairs, change, and start your homework." Kamarii whined wanting to talk to her dad more.

"Stop that whining lil folks and do what she say, i'll see you soon iight, I love you." Von had a slight stern tone in his voice.

"I love you too daddy." She pouted but did what she was told. While Kamarii went upstairs I stayed in the kitchen getting the ingredients out for tonights dinner.

"Mani."

"Yes Von." I really didn't want to talk to him cus there was really nothing for us to talk about, Von constantly says he wants us to be a family but won't change his ways.