Chapter 10: Crazy For You

Minji

The disappointed look on Hanni's face doesn't go unnoticed, which gives me a little thrill. I know she felt that kiss as much as I did, but I can't be the one to crack first. Her feisty, smart mouth has me wanting to pull her naked body back against mine and carry her ass up into my bed. I know her body responds to me just as mine does to hers, but waiting until she can't take it any longer will make it that much better.

Knowing she's wanting it as much as I do makes it really hard to maintain my willpower, but as long as I get her to give in first, I won't have to any longer.

Hearing about her family and the loss she's gone through makes it easier to understand her sarcasm and guarded walls. I can empathize with her, which makes me want her even more, but I'll be damned if I'm the first one to crack.

Waking up without her in my arms feels different. Even though it only happened once, I can't get it out of my mind. The warmth of her body, the silky-smooth feel of her skin against mine, the way she curled up next to me, brought me back to falling asleep in Tris hospital bed. I visited her every day and stayed until she'd fall asleep. A couple times a week, I'd wake up to one of her nurses waking me up, telling me it was okay to go home. Although the memories bring back pain, the feeling of having someone next to me brings back the reality of how lonely and empty my life is now.

I shower and dress, surprised I didn't run into Hanni. I head downstairs and stop on the last step as Hanni's ass comes into view. She's in the living room with her ass up in the air in barely-there shorts.

"A guy could get used to this," I say smugly, walking toward her and watching her body tighten.

"Used to what?" she fires back, turning her head toward me. "Girls don't stick their asses in your face on a weekly basis for you?"

"Only when I ask them to," I fire right back, shrugging as if her comment didn't bother me. I'm sure she thinks of me as a manwhore or something, but she has no idea. "However, they usually aren't wearing clothes when they do."

"Classy." I hear her mutter as she lowers her body to the floor and arches her back and neck up toward the ceiling. Danielle comes in and hands me a mug filled with coffee. I kiss her on the cheek and thank her.

I take a sip and watch as Hanni purposely avoids eye contact with me.

"Didn't peg you for a girl that does yoga. Looks good on you, but I think you're supposed to be relaxed. You look a little tense."

"Gee, I wonder why." She glares at me, but I can tell she's trying hard not to smirk at me. She might not be an open book, but her body language is loud and clear.

"Hey, you be nice to my cousin. She's been through—" Danielle starts scolding me, but Hanni's quick to interrupt.

"Elle, it's fine." She waves her off, pushing herself up to standing position. "Minji's just mad she had to sleep with blue balls last night." She glances at me with an evil smile, knowing she's exaggerating the truth.

Danielle sighs. "I swear you two…" She shakes her head. "You bicker like siblings. Or cats and dogs. Or worse."

"What's worse than that?" I ask.

She looks at me and then to Hanni before looking back at me again. "Nothing. Never mind. Hanni and I have some errands to run after breakfast, and I put you and Lucas in charge of cleaning out the garage. I'm not walking in my heels through the damn mud, so the car needs to fit."

Fun.

"Well, I'll go shower and get ready then." Hanni excuses herself, and I watch as she struts up the stairs, glancing back once before continuing with the satisfaction that she's caught me staring at her ass. Again.