Episode 4 THE PIRATES ARE HERE Part 3

Open your eyes. A voice spoke in musical notes she could somehow understand.

Open your eyes. Harmonies echoed endlessly intertwined in a guttural cacophony.

Coral opened her eyes and frowned at the wooden ceilings above.

"Nightmares?"

She flinched looking to the man that spoke. As her heartbeat reached a normal pace, her bleary eyes struggled to make sense of the enigmatic presence behind glasses perched on the bridge of his nose and a beard, spiky and pointed, resembling a tuft of goat's fur.

"It's okay. I still have them from time to time." He admitted blinking and looked away. "Why, adults have them too." He looked back at her, before coming closer to take the seat she could've sworn Coby had been sitting at. The man's head twitched from side to side with expectation, observing the disoriented girl. "Your little Marine friend?" He inferred, reaching to retrieve a wooden clipboard. "He left not long ago, huh. I'm sure he'll be back soon enough... and having said that..." Yellow eyes scanned its contents, "Right, Carol-"

"Coral." She spoke up for the first time, with a soft voice, before clearing her raspy throat.

"Coral." He irked his brows, "I saw... dehydration, malnutrition, terrible resting habits, an infection, high blood sugar (Been eating lots of chocolate, aye? Not the best given your condition), drug intoxication, poisoning ! HA! " The man rearranged his glasses on his face, half-amused, "But would you believe it was the Blue Malachite poison that kept the Blind Bone drug from killing you?" Her eyes were wide. "My, oh, my... I wonder whatever stuff you are made of!"

"How can you know all that?" She was speechless.

"I 'm a doctor!" He shrieked with indignation, before adding nonchalantly: "All it takes is a peek at your blood test results." He nodded at her arm, her face morphing noticing the patch inside her elbow. "It was necessary, I did comment it to your- Huh? Carol?" She studied the patch inside her elbow, when the man was forced to lean to the front and snap his fingers right in front of her eyes.

"Ah! Oh- sorry." She breathed, her chest raising and falling.

The man's head tilted, his eyes narrowed at the shivering frame on the bed, taking deep breaths to contain herself.

"Wanna share your nightmares, girl? I find it helps." She immediately shook her head. "How are you feeling, then?"

She blinked repeatedly, raising a hand to her chest.

"I feel..." She frowned looking up to him as if she was just seeing him for the first time. "Like new." She spoke to herself, amazed. "How can that be? I-I-I felt terrible! I felt like dying-" Her gaze met the white sheets covering her and then raised to watch the physician with sincere curiosity, while hugging her arm. "What did you do to me?"

"What?" The man said nonchalantly, never once meeting her gaze. "You can't make me responsible for fixing all that crap after just a few hours, can you?" She stared at him for a moment, taken aback by his bluntness. "Well," The man snapped making her flinch once again, "if you feel so great, why don't you just leave now?! Make some room for another patient!"

Coral's mouth dropped incredulous as the man tilted his head towards the door, inviting her out, or more like kicking her out... Slowly, she moved the covers to the side and hesitantly, reached her toes to the wooden floors. The man waited impatiently as she took her time to stand up, noticing the hospital nightgown she wore, and walked towards the door. She reached for the knob, but didn't open it.

"Usopp told me" She spoke more to herself, still facing the door. "people never listen when he says the pirates are coming." She turned around, raising her voice: "Maybe he was indeed wrong. Because the pirates were always here."