Episode 11 FAMILY GATHERING

Coral patted Usopp on the arm and nodded away. Understanding her intention, Usopp smiled. Together, they jogged to catch up with the man ahead.

In the aftermath of the battle, the crew made their way back to Coco Village, the air thick with energy drain, but also a newfound sense of camaraderie. Nami and Luffy led the way, engaged in quiet conversation, his arm around her shoulders as he urged the girl still feeling emotional into smiling. The worst had passed.

Sanji walked close behind, listening the exchange from time to time while looking around at the woods in appreciation with a peaceful aura, he hadn't enjoyed of land in a long time. Further back, Zoro limped with determined strides, his injuries from the intense battle evident. Coral and Usopp, brought up the rear.

Zoro was taken aback, when an arm looped around his, providing a supportive anchor. He looked down at Coral with apprehension, while she carefully studied the ground ahead. He grimaced turning to his left.

"You wanna hold me too?" He threatened Usopp who raised his hands in defeat and took one clear step away.

"Don't be mean." Coral told him. "We want to help."

"I don't need help-"

"Be careful there!" She exclaimed pointing ahead, he almost tripped for it. Those at the front looked back in alarm. "There was nothing there." Coral muttered smartly, before covered her snort behind her hand. Realizing the prank, the others laughed aloud. She joined them, before quickly stopping at the blank stare she received from the swordsman.

"I-I was joking, Zoro." She gulped nervously, meeting his stern gaze. The group grew quiet, expecting a reaction from him.

Slowly, a smirk appeared on Zoro's face. He rolled his eyes looking away and snickered.

"Luffy!" Coral turned to her brother amazed, "I made Zoro laugh!"

"It's what I saw." Luffy chuckled, arms crossed. She looked around to the group and gave up a deep sigh of relief.

"Dear goodness, I'm glad I'm back."

"We missed you." Luffy spoke for all of them, but she still looked around to each of them again.

"We missed you." Nami seconded with eyes still glassy.

Sanji smiled at her.

"We missed you bad." Usopp told her, nudging her quite shyly.

She looked up at Zoro, back to his usual unbothered demeanor. He simply patted her head once and started walking.

Coral pursed her lips in a smile as they resumed their trek.

They moved forward in silence for a while, until the front group came to a stop. Coral raised on her tiptoes to see what held them back: a group of people approached them. A collective tension rippled through them, but Nami raised an arm.

"Civilians." She informed them. "From Coco Village." The residents formed a determined assembly. At the forefront was Nojiko, her expression a mix of worry and relief. Nami's eyes widened with surprise as she ran towards her, embracing her tightly, while her arms remained rigid to her sides.

"Nami! Where were you? What happened?" Nojiko exclaimed before taking a step back, grabbing her shoulders "Arlong's fishmen were marching this way last night- And then left- And the cabin was empty- And you weren't around- I-" Nojiko took a deep breath, and looked over her shoulder, looking at the uniformed man. "We gathered some people..." She looked back at her. "I figured... you were in trouble."

The man had taken a step to the front:

"Nojiko told us about your sacrifice for the village. Nami... we didn't know. Can you ever forgive us?"