Day 4 | Return

AU: Imprisoned
Type: Angst and fluff :3
Characters: Time Steve, Light Steve, Sabre, the Leaders, Colourless Guards, [2 redacted characters you shall find out >:3 ]

— — — — —
Time Steve POV

I bit my nails anxiously as I paced back and fourth. Ever since the official Sealing of Darkness, the Leaders imprisoned Sabre, despite then being harmless. I guess the wounds ran deep.

The muffled voices of Light Steve talking with the Leaders didn't ease my nervousness. The Leaders' voices were sharp, even scared about the suggestion of releasing Sabre. I sighed with great worry as sweat dropped my face and decorated my shaking palms. Never have I been that anxious. Can't the Leaders think he's been there long enough? He didn't deserve this... It's been two months already.

Then, the door opened, revealing a tired armoured figure. I groaned internally, knowing what his face meant. "Thanks anyway..."

"Sorry, bud.. They are firm in their decision." Light slumped his shoulder. His figure was smaller then during the time he was "changed" and bags rested under his eyes. Usually, he emitting a fair amount of light, but it was now dim. Same with his usual bright sunstone eyes - they were duller. This has been rough on him just like to has been for me. It was just more physical for him rather than to me.

The Leaders sort of reestablished the Rainbow Kingdom, but more in a "group of villages way" to avoid conflicts between different races. It wasn't to much avail. Light was in charge of diffusing said conflicts and it had been taking a big toll on him. "They just won't understand nor stop" he had said. " "It almost seems times are worse than before..."

"That they are." Light sighed, agreeing with me.

"Oh-" Light looked up at with a questionable look. "I didn't realise I said it out loud." I admitted. My companion chuckled, easing the tension temporarily. Then he stopped and the tense silence took hold once more.

I looked at the door. It was slightly ajar.. I could go in and talk to them myself..?

It was decided. "Time?" Light asked with worry lacing his words. I mumbled an apology and stormed into the meeting room past him. Light didn't say a word and only looked back at me with concern saying "I hope you know what you're doing."

"Release Sabre now." I demanded harshly. The Leaders jumped at my sudden and uncalled arrival, but recomposed quickly.

"Time, what a... pleasure... to see you all the way here." Yellow Leader tried hide his displeasure of me being there. What did I do to him?

"I see you've come here for a request unacceptable like the Head Guard did..." Orange pointed out, giving a warning glare at Light who was behind the ajar door. His shoulders tensed. I stepped in front of the door in a protective manner, so they wouldn't see him.

"He doesn't deserve to be imprisoned." I said simply, stating a fact.

"Doesn't deserve?!" Blue Leader raised his voice as if I had said something absurd, he didn't understand me or my reasoning I hadn't yet said. "He killed hundreds of us! He almost demolished the whole Yellow civilisation!"

"Void destroyed entire races."

"Not the point-!"

"YES, it IS!" I raised my voice." Void created the Darkness and was corrupted by it, doing horrible things. Everyone corrupted by the Darkness does it!" Blue sighed in annoyance.

"Time, we understand that you care about Sabre, we do. We care about him too, but-" Violet spoke up.

"Liars."