Day 8 | Fuse

AU: Sabre the Legal Vigilante (again)
Type: Angst
Characters: Light Steve, Sabre, Professor Red
Note: You sure are getting lots of lore for STLV... This will perfectly explain what Sabre thought about in the last one : ]
>:] Prepare yourselves...
— — — — —
Sabre POV

I wonder what Light called me to the agency at this hour for? I hope it's not an emergency. It's cold out now. I thought to myself as I walked quietly to the building. The doors opened once I got there and I made my way underground to the rooms where they do experiments with technology. I saw Professor Red tinker with a tallish machine that could fit only a small and thin figure. It probably wasn't meant for that looking at the design.

"Greetings, Sir Light, Professor." I said hello to them formally. Light nodded me hello and the man with goggles paid me no mind and continued to do whatever he was doing with a machine.

"Glad you could come..." Light's voice wasn't as loud as it usually was and part of it was sarcastic. He seemed tired too. A heavy sigh was heard from behind Light in my point of view.

"Let's hope the Professor didn't just kill us all..." It was Orange. And not in a good mood. He very nerved up and even angry. I wonder what happened if anything did before I arrived? "What happens to be the case..?" I asked cautiously, slightly nervous.

"AH! SABRE! You're here! Just the perfect time!" I tensed up as quickly as Professor can take his fish out and slap you with it. "H-Hey-... W-Wassup-?" I slowly turned my wavering gaze to him. He was smiling widely like a maniac... "We actually need your help with something!"

"You need help with something, Professor." Orange really didn't like this one bit.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey! It's Light's research, not mine! Learn the difference! I am here just for help!" Orange rolled his eyes and were about to get into a quarrel. They indeed got into a fight. Light then walked over to me with a long exhausted sigh.

"This is gonna be long night... Sorry about that Sabre." He apologised, rubbing his eyes, feeling guilty.

"I guess it's fine... What do you need me here for though?" I asked with a tilt of my head.

"I don't, really... It's the Professor who wanted you."

"He wants to experiment with me." I wasn't surprised.

"Yep, nothing to deny there." My supervisor wasn't either and confirmed the fact like it was the most obvious thing it the world because it really was. Ever since Professor Red learned I wasn't a Steve and a Player instead, he has been crazy to get me. The thought and the first time meeting him sent shudders all over my spine.

"I heard that!" Professor stopped fighting with Orange and turned to look and point at Light. "I just wanted his opinion on something! ... It would be amazing if I could do something with him-"

"Not a chance."

"Maaaannnnnnnnn...." He looked and bent down in sad defeat. Not so sad for me though. Any occasion I'm saved from him is a relief for me. "... May I know what you want my opinion on? I am quite tired from today's events."

"Oh- Yes, of course! I'll get to it right away!" The Professor bolted to the machine he was tinkering with when I came in and fixed a few things before activating it. Orange sighed in relief of getting free from him, just as I was relieved to not be an experiment for him. "You see... I have created this thing over here with Light Steve's research and it's supposed to create something he decided to call the "Steve Entity"."