Day 22 | Grow

AU: Sabre and Lucas end up on a spaceship, it crashes and Sky People find them
Note: I didn't have much ideas after writing three other days in a row and I was tired TWT

— — — — —

"... Let me get this straight... We're stranded on a hostile planet... with a 4 year old boy?!"

"...Yes, captain... But make it two."

"What?"

"There are two kids onboard of this spaceship. Both are currently kept an eye on by-"

"HOW DID TWO KIDS GET ON BOARD AND HOW ARE THEY ALIVE?!" The captain snapped.

"W-We don't know, sir..." the lower ranked man stuttered. "We've looked through security cameras and their recordings, but we haven't found anything.

"THEN FIND SOMETHING!"

"Y-Yes, captain..." the man nodded and bowed quickly, leaving the room just as fast. The captain groaned and let out a frustrated groans not understanding how two little kids could possibly have gotten on the spaceship. He thought of letting them out on a random planet, but it was too cruel even for him. He sighed, knowing they probably have to raise them while they try to contact Earth and ask for permission to return.

———

Thunder crashed and lightning cracked through the dangerously stormy sky. The craft was on fire and smoke raised from broken parts. The kids and captain were the only ones alive, though the latter barely. He tried reaching for the kids in front of him, but he couldn't. He was too tired, too weak, on the brink of passing out. "N.. No... H-... el..p..." he lost consciousness his hand fell down into the mud.

———
Sky People POV

We noticed smoke rising from a meteor that had landed here not long ago and realised it must've been something else because.. They never emit smoke from a fire. We went to check it out and saw.. either unconscious or dead bodies at the scene. It wasn't a meteor as we guessed but something else, like a machine. Something foreign to us prior. At our feet stood two little kids, dirty with the mud and wet from the tense rain, not clean.

"Ho ar yu?" One of them asked, hiding the potato blond one behind him.

"We? We are many. Who are you?" We spoke collectively. The one in front wore a blindfold and stood there unfazed, fascinated even, but the other was sacred and confused when we spoke.

"Me Sabre.. he Lucas. We not now were we ar."

"You are wearing a blindfold, why?"

"Som guy tuld me my eyes bad an' put it on." He pointed to the closes man outside on the ground. He looked like he was in pain. Good for him, he doesn't deserve our mercy.

"Honey, you're eyes are beautiful we're sure. Can you take that off?" He nodded and took it off, struggling to untie the not, but with the help of his friend, it was easy. We gasped. His eyes were were white-silver. "Fascinating... You are truly fascinating beings. May we reside within you?"

"Huh?" They were confused.

"Don't worry, this won't hurt one bit." We didn't leave them any choice before we entered the kid and shared it with the other (A/N: like those ancestors or something in Subnautica: Below Zero) and made them pass out so no damage or harm would be done to them. They grew up to be teenagers within an hour, like we'd planned. It's been so long since we've last had a host to keep us together.

In the morning, the rain had ceased to be and they woke up. The blindfolded boy was first to catch on this.

"Wha- What just happened?" He looked at themselves and were questioning reality.

"What was that being? And how are we speaking so well?? Let alone our clothes!" The other, Lucas, pointed out.

"We merely needed a host to keep ourselves together, living. We apologise for the rushed decision and confusion, but we didn't have much time left before utter demise." We spoke telepathically in their minds.

"Wait wha." Sabre hummed like a kid.

"How even-" Lucas seemed to understand us too now, though because our main host is Sabre, he would need his help.

"You said you are many, who?" Sabre then asked, all calm, as if this event never happened. Fascinating. Truly fascinating. What a perfect choice.

"We go by many names, you are sky people to us, but.. we may be that to you as to your origins, we are Sky People."

"Yeah.. that's actually a good and nice name! We'll call you Sky People from now on!" Sabre was happy.

Lucas sighed, "This better not be some trap or whatever... You do know this is a lot of confusion for us, right?" Man they're growing and catching up fast!

"We assure you this is not a trap. You are in no danger of harm by our hands. We will try our best to protect you and in return we hope the same and will live with us until one of our ends."

"We have to live with you-?"

"Uh, yeah? Duh, what else can we do? It's not like any of them can do anything." Sabre pointed to the broken ship and people, the obvious.

"... You do have a point."