Day 19 | Habit

AU: just something totally normal happening in RQ
Type: Concern?
Characters: Light, the Leaders, Sabre
Note: I was away from home for a few days, I apologise for the wait :pp this is short
Warning: Does it count as dugs or no? O<O"'
— — — — —
Light Steve POV

"..." the two, the head of the guard and the newly coronated king of the ones creative, stood in the meeting room, silent. The other leaders were just as shocked as Finley the Orange Leader, just as pale as Light, like snow. Finley opened his mouth but was unable the to say the one word any of them could think of.

"Wh-.. What...?" The word was finally, at some point, spoken by none other than the new king himself. Light was sweating, not sure if he was more concerned than them or the opposite.

"Y-Yes... Sir.." The news he'd spoken even left him speechless, although, it was a topic which must've been addressed. "It's certainly... concerning in most lame choice of word possible. "Concerning" is a clear understatement." He admitted and the leaders of the kingdom they're rebuilding very much agreed, only able to nod.

"Why.... WHY would he DO such a thing?! It's dangerous!" Orange and Blue leaders couldn't fathom it just like anyone else in the room, but vocalised it.

"I'm.. aware sir. I'm afraid I don't know why he's doing it." Light said after a second/moment of hesitation.

"Please someone tell me hasn't been hanging out with the Professor..." M, also a newly coronated king to the public, literally pleaded for that to not be the case.

"I hope that's not the case like you."

"Where is he?!" Blue Leader, Sawyer, asked with his hands desperately in his hair.

"Doing extreme actions in extreme conditions in the ravine near his new home village." Light answered with his voice certainly panicky but also tone also smooth and not too shaky.

"SA-" Indigo, perhaps one of the tallest among the kings with Yellow, put his hand on Sawyer's mouth before he could say anything he would regret. Sawyer instantly deadpanned and look at Indigo, Ian, with a done expression.

"Can't let ya say any of that, frozen flake."

"WHA'D YOU 'UST CALL ME'?!"

"A frozen flake. You're from frozen lands and you hair looks like snow - a snow flake."

"COME HERE!"

"I already am?"

And their verbal fight ensued, Light and the kings watching it with indifferent expressions, thinking inside: "Another long day in the meeting tower, huh?"

Soon enough, some of the leaders followed the head guard to the supposed ravine sabre was supposed to be in: Orange Leader Arlo, Green Leader Bruno, and Indigo Leader Ian. The sight startled them and filled them with even more concern.

Sabre was moving and tangling on a wine, back and forth, like Tarzan, every now and then getting dangerously close to the dripstone below.

"IS HE CRAZY?! WHAT'S GOING THROUGH HIS MIND?!" Bruno couldn't believe his eyes, instantly worried for Sabre's health.

"According to the Professor who managed to take another of his blood sample, he has found quite a few unknown substances or those of poisons in his blood." Time appeared from right behind Green and stepped to stand beside Light, his voice casual.

"GAH- WHERE'D YOU COME FROM?!"

"Not important. What's important is that he has been doing that ever since Darkness became a bigger problem."

"DOING WHAT?! AND WHY DO YOU-?"

"Look, he says it's a "habit," but in reality, I think he really needs a psychiatrist."

"Time- What has he been-"

"He looks for poisons and stuff that would hurt him or us and then weaken them and consume them so he can grow immunity to it, at least to an extent."

"HE WHAT?!" All four of them yelled in union.

"Yeah, he said something like "If I want to not be taken down and thrown to the ocean again, poisoned, then I need to be prepared for all of their tricks!" or something like that. Donnu what's up with that."

"... He wasn't sane then, was he-?"

"When he said it or back then?"

"The saying part-"

"He was acting like he had fallen into Snake Ivy, so I assume he was hallucinating or something like that. Not sure how these plant liquids
work on a human."

"How. In the world.. ARE YOU SO CASUAL ABOUT THIS?!"

"I did something against the rules myself and checked his past. You'll get used to it if you know what-"

"Time."

"Nope." He bid them adieu and blinked out of existence, using his time manipulation to leave instantly.

"...We need to have serious talk with Sabre in the next "therapy" session I will force him to have with me." Arlo was frighteningly determined.