Day 9 | Betrayal

AU: Exile (a bit inspired by Outlaw by @/IcyWillowSong)
Type: Angst and fluff
Characters: Sabre, Dark, Light, some Colourless Guards, village Elders, Time
Note: sorry it gets rushed in the end, I was literally falling asleep-..

— — — — —
Light Steve POV

"Sabre shall be exiled from all kingdoms, including their villages, to beyond the periphery. His actions have lead to damage far beyond repair..." the Leaders' decision from few days ago echoed in my head as I walked with two of my elites, Sabre in front of us to escort him to the periphery where he will have continue his journey alone.

It's around a week's journey there, a village - where coincidentally Time appears to live, away from the noise and frequent activity of each kingdom - staying as our last spot in civilisation we know of. After that, it's two full days of walking into the mostly unknown landscape. Few of my Guards were sent to check it a few days further so there wouldn't be any mishaps or accidents a month ago for us to get more info.

Our pace was moderate, which was actually surprising and pretty good for Sabre's and Dark's conditions. Sabre is certainly most heartbroken, dried tears covering his cheeks and a runny nose filling the silence (other than our footsteps and equipment) as we made our way to the destination, a rendezvous point. Dark was weak, because there was no more Darkness to support him. Would think that he'd turn back to the Yellow Steve he was merged with but.. I guess that's not how it works. Sabre was supporting him the most he could, but his own body wasn't in too good shape either. Apparently, Darkness had protected him from most harm, so without it, the pain would show. So we have to take breaks often.

As the day came to a close, we finally arrived to the last stop where we see any Steves for a while. We wouldn't stay in a house though. The Leaders didn't "allow such luxury" for the exiled. I and my guards would stay with them. The Village Elders had prepared a small shelter for the two though - I had specifically asked for the representatives of the Kingdoms to not be helped.

As we walked slowly to their first and last actual man-made shelter of this journey, I looked to my left with not a full head turn. The Blue Elder was peaking from behind a side of a brick house. I knew the Green Elder to be with him. I gave them a small nod which was quietly returned. After a quick flash of green jogging from his hiding spot to a different one, Blue retreated and I looked back forward.

We reached the shelter soon enough. ... It honestly looked like a horse stall with no real gates or doors, whatever they were called- and there were two sets of places for Sabre and Dark to lie down with a pillow and warm blanket for either. "Remember, anything you find from the, journey until the last stop, you may take. Be it a rock, leaf, something to eat - anything. Hopefully something that will help you on further." An elite with a deeper voice reminded them as we all sat down (Sabre laid Dark down so he could rest because he needed most of it). Us three had a flay stone as a seat near the two each.

As the sun set in purples and oranges, the Violet and Indigo Elders confronted us. "Hello, greetings to the fellow travellers passing by. We were wondering if you could accept a gift from us? Just a small meal for the evening." They both spoke with a kind smile.

"That is most thoughtful of you, but we already have something for all of us to eat. Thank you." The other guard with a funny voice dismissed their suggestion.

"Oh, but please! We worked hard on it."

"And we thank you for the effort, but we really are fine."

"... At least let them come with us for a moment! We have something to show them. As a parting gift!" They tried their best to convince the guards.