8. Have a thing for who?

I slowly let my cat into my room, making sure mom wasn't home. She didn't like letting Chonk upstairs. Said he got fur everywhere. So he primarily stayed downstairs. Not that he cared, that lazy four-legged ball would find it too much work to climb the stairs. 

I plonked Chonk on the bed. I resisted the urge to squish his adorable little face. I laid down next to him and he curled up, laying his head on my stomach. He was so freaking adorable. I noticed that for once, Finn's curtains were not drawn. I didn't mean to seem like a creep, but I was so curious. I was however, unable to move, since the cat dynamics banned me from moving when Chonk was asleep on me. 

That's when I saw Finn enter his room and sit down at his desk. I could briefly make out a Fall Out Boy poster on his wall. Oh yeah, he'd worn a FOB t-shirt once. 

I managed to get a notebook that was on my bed without waking Chonk up. I quickly scribbled down my points and added a new one.

6. He likes Fall Out Boy.

I looked up and at that exact moment Finn did too. We looked at each other for a second before I raised my hand and waved at him. He slowly gave me a tiny wave back. I grinned and looked at Chonk. I realised Finn had never met my cat. This is worth breaking the cat dynamics for. I gently woke him up and he did a big stretch.

I lifted Chonk up, Lion King style, and I could see Finn laugh. He held his phone up and pointed at it. He typed something, and a second later I heard a soft ding. I looked down at my phone screen, and I could see a text from him. 

finn_cavanaugh: cute :)

And if I giggled into my pillow that night, nobody had to know.

--x--x--x--x--

I was getting used to the free bike rides every morning. I enjoyed them, honestly, nothing like fresh air hitting your face every morning. I was about to hurry in before Finn like usual, but I heard him call me. 

"Sebastian, wait up."

That was the first time he said my name. The way he pronounced my name was just, beautiful.

I'm being so damn weird these days. 

I waited for him, and we both walked in together. I did notice a few stares, mostly from the girls. I was slightly embarrassed. We walked in silence to my locker, where Finn walked away with a soft 'bye'. 

As usual, my two chipmunk friends showed up out of nowhere. Theo with his whole arm draping thing, resting his entire bodyweight on me. That dude was HEAVY. I'll start getting back problems at this point. Jenny leaned against the lockers. 

"That was FINN. Since when are you guys so buddy-buddy?"

I shrugged. "I helped him out once, he's kinda been nice since then."

Jenny looked mesmerized. "Damn Seb, you really did the impossible. I mean, he seemed like a total piece of shit whenever I saw him. Oh well, maybe he takes time to warm up to people."

I tried (and failed) to get Theo's arm off me. 

"Oh yeah, and by the way, he uh, was also the guy I skipped class with."

Jen's jaw dropped. "Girl, what? I didn't know you two were this close."

Theo patted my head with his other hand. "I figured it out the moment I saw ya'll walk in."

Jenny narrowed her eyes and came way too close to my face. "You totally have a thing for him."

I laughed. That was simply absurd. 

"Of course not, I mean, it's great that we're sort of friends. But it's nothing more than that. What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

She shook her head. "Well then, he definitely has a thing for you. Homeboy's been staring at you from his locker over there for like the past five minutes."

I turned back and he was taking out books from his locker. I looked at Jenny. "Jenny the delulu."

She lightly punched my arm. "Right, we'll see how that turns out."

"Oh guys, by the way, this Ryan dude plays extremely well. Bro took out almost everyone else. I have a feeling our matches are gonna go great this year." Theo said.

I grinned. I was happy Ryan did well.

He continued, laughing nervously. "Think my captain position might be in a bit of jeopardy though."

I patted his shoulder trying to comfort him, which took some effort given my current position. "Aw Seb, don't worry, I don't really mind. It's a lot of responsibility anyway."

I could make out he was still a bit worried about it, but I didn't say anything. After a bit more of gossiping I made my way to our class. I still had a minute or so left, so I quickly went over to Ryan. 

"Hey, Ryan! Congrats dude, I heard you did real well."

He grinned. "Thanks. It was way more fun than I expected."

His smile was contagious. He was just always so upbeat, I don't know how. 

I returned to my seat next to Finn. He gave me a brief glance and looked away. Was he mad about something? Never mind, it's just Finn being Finn. 

Roberts entered and decided to start talking about literary devices. I half listened, because I didn't want to fail. 

I felt a small poke on my arm, and turned to see Finn staring at me with an intense look. I was taken aback, and whispered, "What happened?"

"Is Jenny your girlfriend?"

I stared at him in silence for a whole five seconds. I chuckled and turned back to the board. 

He poked me again. Oh, how the turntables. 

I turned to look at him again, and his eyes looked even more intense. He bobbed his head, urging me to say something.

I gave him a half smile. "You're joking right?"

Upon seeing his confusion, I realized he didn't know. I leaned in slightly.

"No, Finn. She's not my girlfriend, probably because I'm gay."

He just looked at me. Blankly. 

"Oh." With that, he shifted his attention back to the teacher with a thoughtful look in his eyes. 

7. He asks the most random questions out of nowhere.