24. Moments With You

"You got me a gift?" I looked up at him excitedly. 

He gently ran his hand through my hair. "Of course." His voice was barely above a whisper. 

I took the box from him and placed it on my lap, gently undoing the bow. "Wow, this is really wrapped well."

I could see him rubbing the back of his neck with a nervous laugh. "Well...I might have had some help from my mom."

I shook my head fondly and tried to unwrap it as best as I could, revealing a cardboard box underneath. I opened it up, my fingers slightly trembling, and gasped when the contents came into view. 

I slowly pulled out the first thing to take a good look. It was bright green cactus plushie. I didn't say anything for a few moments, I was simply stunned. 

Finn nervously cleared his throat. "I thought you might like it-"

I shifted my gaze to him. "How...?"

He smiled softly. "Didn't you mention you kept calling me a cactus? I got you one, now I'll always be around in a way."

I chuckled softly. "You're just so adorable, Finn. I don't even remember telling you that."

There was more stuff in the box, so I placed the plushie next to me and pulled out the next thing. A little paper box. I opened it up to see six decadent looking chocolate cupcakes, with swirls of chocolate ganache piped on top. 

I smiled and felt myself tearing up. "Finn."

He bumped his shoulder against mine. "I had to get my favorite boy his favorite dessert."

I picked one up and took a bite. "Somehow, it's even more delicious."

I leaned my head against his shoulder. He peered down at me. "I'm glad you liked it."

I held it up so he could take a bite too. He nodded approvingly. "Damn, I really am a great baker."

I closed the little box of cupcakes. As much as I wanted to devour them all, there was still one last thing left. 

I pulled out a...file?

I looked at Finn quizzically, but he only gestured for me to go on. I opened it up and pulled out a bunch of papers. I took a closer look at the first paper, and my breathing momentarily stopped. 

It was a sketch. Of me. Grinning widely with a bowl of ice-cream and all sorts of toppings on it. My throat tightened, as I brushed my fingers against the thick sheet. 

"This is..."

"The first time we skipped school to go eat ice-cream." 

I shook my head slowly, in disbelief, and looked at the next piece of paper. It was a drawing of me holding out half of a sandwich, with a very determined look on my face. The day I shared my lunch with him.

I was at a loss for words as I continued to look through. The next one was of me sitting on my bed, holding my cat up with a huge smile on my face. Without realizing, tears had started to spill from my eyes. 

A sketch of me with a look of fear on my face as I stood behind the volleyball net, the ball flying towards my face. One of me holding the milkshake. The next one was me with a blanket up to my nose, as I peered out from the top. Oh, it was the day we watched the zombie show. That brought me to the final drawing.

It was of me standing outside wearing his jacket and helmet. I was crying. I only realized it when a drop fell onto the paper. I panicked and tried to wipe it off. 

"Sebastian? What happened?"

He sounded even more panicked than I was. "Why are you cr-"

I cut him off by throwing my arms around him, burying my face in his chest. I laughed through the tears. Fuck, why was I crying?

"Thank you." I mumbled out.

"This is...the best thing someone's ever given me."

He hugged me back and gently rubbed his hand down my back. I choked up, feeling crazy. I was being overwhelmed with all these emotions. I wasn't sure what to do, what to feel.

I pulled away. "I can't even imagine how many hours this must've taken."

He gave me a soft look. "These are all the moments I-"

He coughed, but I gave him a look. Why didn't he finish the sentence?

I urged him to go on. "All the moments you...?"

He smiled, but it looked a little pained. "The moments I was glad I knew you." 

I looked back at the sketches and panicked even more. All these feelings rushing at me with full force scared me, and I wasn't sure what was going on in my head.

I cradled my head in my hands, I felt like I was going to explode. I needed to think things through.

"I have to go, Finn."

He made a sound of surprise. "Huh, where?"

I shook my head. "Somewhere. Don't worry."

He looked extremely tensed, and grabbed my hand when I got up to leave. 

"Sebastian..." He began.

I placed my hand on his cheek and looked him straight in the eye. "Finn. I loved your gift so much. Thank you. Truly. I just need to figure something out. I'm not leaving, don't you worry." 

His grip on my hand loosened and he gave me a short nod. I climbed back into my room and walked out of my house. There was a park nearby. 

I opened my phone and gulped. I knew I needed to call someone, there was no way I could figure out this mess in my head by myself. 

I shut my eyes and dialed his number. I knew he wouldn't judge. 

After a few rings, he picked up.

"Theo. Could you come meet me at the park?"

He sounded confused, and I didn't blame him. "Seb? What happened, are you okay?"

I continued to walk, the chilly air biting at my face. Finn's jacket keeping me warm enough to be comfortable. Finn.

It was always Finn. Everywhere. 

"Nothing happened, I just...need to talk."

I could hear him grumbling on the other end. "Seb, have you seen the time?"

"I know, I know, but please?"

I could hear rustling and sounds of him moving around, and breathed a sigh of relief. 

"You're so lucky to have a friend like me."

Hey everyone :) thank you so much for 70k reads <3
Also, I try my best to make sure there aren't any errors in the story but there definitely are a few in there :')

If you do find any errors/mispellings or inconsistencies anywhere do drop a comment or shoot me a message and I'll fix it asap, thank youu!