15. Baby?

I tossed and turned about, unable to fall asleep. I simply couldn't stop replaying their screams in my head. This is why I hated horror movies.

I gave up and got out of bed, turning the lights on. I checked the time.

1.07 a.m.

Just great. I sighed and stared at my ceiling, wallowing in my misery. I heard a soft ding and looked down at my phone. Who would text me at this hour?

finn_cavanaugh: can't sleep?

I raised my eyebrows. Why was he awake too?

sebassian24: yeah

finn cavanaugh: come over

Was he crazy? Why would I ever do that?

And yet, a minute later, I was stumbling in through his window. I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to Finn.

He was on his bed, looking sleepy with his hair all messed up in the best way possible. He patted the space next to him. Being that close to him in my drowsy state probably wasn't a good idea.

I sat next to him anyway.

He placed his arm across my shoulders and his hand made its way to my head. He gently ran his fingers through my hair, which was strangely comforting.

"Why can't you sleep?"

I closed my eyes, his gentle touches soothing me. "Zombies. Scary. Screams."

I could feel his body shake slightly as he chuckled. "I figured. I'm sorry, I didn't know it would be this bad."

I was starting to have a hard time staying awake. My head drooped lower and lower and Finn seemed to notice.

"Oh, now you're sleepy?"

"Mmhm." I could feel him softly guide my face so my head lay in between his shoulder and the crook of his neck. I was pretty much wrapped up in his arms at this point, but I was too far gone to panic about it. I wanted to sleep, and it seemed my body had finally relaxed enough to let me do so.

One of his hands held me close to him, while his other hand gently raked through my hair.

"Your hair is really soft." He said.

I snuggled even closer and mumbled out, "So is Ryan's."

His hand suddenly stopped. I whined in complaint, "Why did you stop?"

"Sorry." He continued running his fingers through my hair, but even in my half asleep state, I could feel him tense up.

I did not like that.

I patted his chest, or wherever I thought his chest was. "Don't worry Finny, your hair is my favorite."

He laughed and I felt his body relax a little. I was almost there, on my way to dreamland, barely hearing anything of the outside world.

"What's your favorite colour, Sebastian?"

His voice sounded so soft, so distant.

"Sebastian?"

"Blue. But recently I've started to think chocolate brown is the most beautiful colour out there."

"Why?"

I wasn't even aware what I was saying at this point.

"Because he has brown eyes."

I could feel someone shaking me and saying something, but I couldn't hear anything.

"Sebastian? Sebastian!?"

I thought I heard some cursing. "Whose eyes are brown, Sebastian?"

I managed to mumble it out.