001. ᴘɪʟᴏᴛ

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

First day of school. Something you think will never come again, but every year you say it. The few first days of your vacation you think 'I'm gonna do loads of stuff' while the reality of it all is just sitting in your room, reading books and binge watch movies. And see your friends sometimes.

But this year's summer had been different. With the car accident where only Buffy and Elena had survived not them. Not Miranda and Grayson.

When you're being one of the only two who survived an accident you feel this guilt that stays with you forever. The guilt you feel for being here while others weren't.

She was lucky to be born in a happy and close family. But it all can get ripped away from you in a matter of seconds. One stupid car accident.

They were like her second parents and everyone around town knew that. And that's what made it even worse. Everywhere where you went, everyone always asked questions on how you're doing.

You lie.

Caroline had come over almost every day, much to Elena's displeasure. Buffy know she didn't like Caroline very much, but she knew Buffy was grieving too and Caroline was there for her, just like Bonnie was there for Elena.

But today would be a good day. This would be the day where everything could go back to the way it was. In some ways, not all. Just school. Boring history lessons, cheer leading, and all the other stuff what made school boring.

She chose her outfit for today which was basically just low raised jeans with a green top. After doing her skin care and putting up some make up she went downstairs.

"Toast I make toast." Buffy heard her mom say while she stood in front of the fridge.

"It's all about the coffee, mom."

Now Elena and Jeremy came downstairs too.

"Is there coffee?" Jeremy asked and Buffy gave him a mug with coffee, he smiled at her thankfully.

"You're first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?"

Elena shook her head while saying "I'm okay?" While Buffy and Jeremy took the money.

"Thanks mom." She gave her mom a smile.

"Anything else? A Number 2 pencil? What am I missing?"

"Don't you have a big presentation today?" Elena asked.

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at- now." Jenna said while fixing her hair. "Crap."

"Then go. We'll be fine." Elena said and mom nodded. She gave her daughter a kiss on the head and walked towards the door.

"Good luck mom." Buffy yelled after her while taking a sip of her coffee.

"You okay?" Elena asked Jeremy. He just scoffed and said "Don't start." And he walked away so she turned to Buffy. "Do you have a ride?"