013. ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴᴇᴅ

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"Yes, Damon?" Buffy asked, annoyed as he woke her up. "I hope you have a good reason to  call me" She checked the time on her alarm. "seven in the freaking morning? I need my beauty sleep."

"You look beautiful without sleep now-"

"Wait did I just get an compliment from the Damon Salvatore?" Buffy asked, a smirk appearing on her face.

"Whatever. Rise and shine, sleepyhead. We have lots to do, now we're friends and working toward a common goal. So, in order to open the tomb, we need to find the journal. To get the grimoire to open the spells. First things first-since your sister is Elena Gilbert she is on journal duty." He said, emphasizing her sister's last name. "Or if you can find it."

"Since when is Elena helping?"

"Well Stefan's helping and she has taken up residence in Stefan's bed, ergo."

"How do you know for sure that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire? Are you really gonna take the word of that vampire you guys killed? He seemed a bit like a dimwit to be honest." Buffy questioned, finally sitting up in her bed, seeing a Damon probably won't leave her alone till he gets that tomb open.

Yes, she wanted to be friends with Damon.

But she didn't want him calling her up.

I HATE WAKING UP EARLY

"In lieu of any other options." Damon said, shrugging.

"Okay, but why do you need that grimoire exactely? Doesn't stand the same in every single one?"

"Every spell that a witch cast is unique unto itself. So every witch would document their work. It's a cookbook."

"Oh don't get smart with me, Mr. Salvatore. I watched Harry Potter."

"Yeah and does this look like Hogwarts to you?"

I wish it did.

"What about our mystery vampire?Dimwit obviously wasn't working alone, so whoever is out there knows who you are."

"And I don't like that disadvantage, so chop, chop." 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Elena was combing through some boxes were family memorabilia were in as Stefan sat at the breakfast bar, waiting for her to find the journal.

"Do you think Damon really believes us? That we're both trying to help him? Should we tell Buffy?" Elena asked her boyfriend.

"I don't think Damon knows what to believe. Trust isn't something that comes naturally to him. But maybe we should not tell Buffy the truth, if our plan fails, he will still think Buffy is a friend to him." Stefan answered, honestly.