012. ᴜɴᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴀɴᴛᴠɪʟʟᴇ

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"It's so pretty. Thank you. God, it'll go with, like, everything. What's the occasion?" Buffy had gifted Caroline a necklace Stefan had made for all their friends. She herself had gotten one too.

It was a gold chain with a rectangular form with a little flower burned on the outside, inside was of course the Vervain.

Buffy's was a blue stone, with the Vervain inside.

"No occasion. Just giving a gift to my most amazing best friend in the world."

"A lesbian-friend necklace, because we're freaky like that?" Caroline gave her a phony wink.

"You're friendship is important to me." 

The most actually.

"Why are you being so mushy?"

"Cause I wanna hear about everything going on with you and Matt." Buffy smirked.

Let it coming, my friend.

"There's not much to say." Caroline shrugged. "We've hung out a couple times. That's it. But I just feel like we've peaked as friends."

"You know where he is?"

"No, why?" Caroline looked around confused.

"So I can give him the talk: hurt her, I'll hurt you."

"Did you gave him the same speech when he and Elena were dating?"

"Yep."

"Do you think she's okay with whatever is going on with me and Matt."

"I think it's a little weird talking to her about it but I'm sure if it's what you and Matt want, then it's not about Lena. Besides she's over him and she's dating Stefan. "

"But it's all about her."

Buffy looked at her confused.

"Matt's not over her and we all know it."

Oh, that. Even more reason to talk to him now.

"She's with Stefan now, Care. Matt should understand that. He knows he has to move on." Buffy reassured her.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"Matthew Gregory Donovan." Buffy said as she sat down at the stool next to him at the grill. She looked up at him. "That is you're middle name right?"

"Hmm. Elizabeth Mira Sommers."

"I'm here to have a little chat, Gregory."

Who the hell names their kid Gregory?

"I see what you're doing. You're here to tell me that you will beat me into the hospital with a bat if I ever hurt Caroline. And I remember something about hiding my body where the police could never find me."