Ch 15

Authors note* I'm sorry for the long wait! It was hard writing this chapter I was so uninspired to writing this. I'll try and update soon, and I may re write this chapter. Please tell me what you think. Thank you!

Kip

I take a long shower, the warm water felt nice after a long day of work. It's not in till I shut the water off and step out of the shower that I see the empty counter.

"Shit," I didn't grab clothes.

I grab a towel out of the cabinet and wrap it around my waist. The bathroom is right off the living room, so I should be able to run out real quick and grab something out of my bag. I crack he door slightly, listening for any signs that Lynn is in the house. Nothing. I open the door and grab my bag under the coffee table.

"Kip, I have to...woah." I look up to see Lynn, her jaw practically on the floor. I try to hide the smirk playing on my lips. I know its just the wine making her stare, but It still helps a man's ego. I worked hard to get my body like this. Not only hard work, but liftin weights and the gym too. Still I grab a shirt, pulling over my head to cover my chest. Lynn blinks slowly, shakes her head, and bites her lip. Damn.

"Sorry," I smile, staring at her lip caught between her teeth, "I forgot to take clothes in."

"It, its s'ok," she looks down at her feet.

I grab my boxers and a pair of jeans and head into the bathroom. When I come back out, Lynn is still there, still looking at her feet.

"You ok, Lynnie-bug." I blink at the nick name.

"You haven't called me that since I was 15." She laughs, finally looking up from her feet.

"yea well, it got you to look at me right?" I laugh, covering my slip. Honestly I have no idea why I called her that.

"I have to tell you something," she says, biting her lip again. She has to stop doing that.

"Whats up?" I sit down on the sofa, "You feed Bear?"

"No, actually...." She pauses.

"We out of food? I just bought a huge bag," I get up and head to the kitchen, but Lynn grabs my arm, stopping me.

"Bears gone." She says, looking at her feet. My heart drops.

"Wh-what? H-how."

"I left the door open on accident, and he must have gotten out. I looked for him but I couldn't find him. I'm so sorry."

I drop my head into my hands, letting in the breath id been holding. I start laughing.

"Kip?"

"Dammit, Lynn" I laugh looking up at her, "when you said Bear was gone, I thought you meant he was dead." I laugh.

"Oh, oh no no no." Her eyes get wide, and she hides her face in her hands.

I laugh again and get up grabbing my boots. "Well come on then."

"You aren't mad." She asks, fallowing behind me.

"Nah, why would I be?" I grab my keys and Lynn grabs some of Bears treats and we head out to my truck.

"Im so sorry," Lynn says, buckling her seatbelt.

"Stop saying sorry," I laugh and roll down all the windows letting in the night air. "Bear likes car rides, so he normally comes running when he hears my truck." I explain, "Most likely he's on the property, well drive along the fence line so keep your eyes open."