Ch 16

*Authors Note* I know, I suck. It Has been soooooo long since my last update. I find its a lot harder to write now that I'm on summer break and I'm not trying to distract myself in a boring lecture hahah. I promise i will update the next ch next week. Thank you all who have stayed with me. I love reading your feedback it makes me so happy to know y'all like my writing. Thank you!

Lynn

"So, you were alone with him all night and all you did was sleep?" Alice asks, hoisting herself into the counter the next afternoon.

I don't tell her that I didn't sleep at all. I stayed up the whole night trying not to move. I was all too aware if kip lying next to me. Every move he made, every breath. The way he pulled me close in his sleep.

"Yes, why is that so hard to believe?"

"Cause kip is yummy!" She laughs.

"Ok, first off never say that again, and second, I'm kinda dating Colt."

"Neither one of you have put a label on that though," she says, popping a chip into her mouth.

She's right I had meaning to ask Colts what he thought of our relationship, if it even was a relationship. For all I know he could be out in hooking up with random women. Maybe that's what he thought I am doing too. Is that what I want? Do I want to be some random hook up when all else falls through? Do I want to be his girlfriend? Do I want to be his anything?

"Hello, earth to Lynn," Alice waves her hand in front of my face.

"I'm sorry what?"

She rolls her eyes, "I was telling you about my date with Chris, but you can keep obsessing about the boy in the loft if you want. It will be just like high school."

"No, I want to hear all about it," I say, focusing my attention on my best friend. "I am so over my crush on the boy in the loft."

Was I?

Kip

I stifle a yawn as I get the last cow into the trailer. I'm over at my buddy Chris's house helping him with his heard.

"Thanks for your help man," he says, closing the door and pulling up the ramp. "I would have been out her all day by myself."

"It's no problem, you've been there for me more times than I could count." I yawn again.

"Long night, last night?" He asks, walking around to where I was.

"You could say that." I slept like shit last night. Probably only got an hour or two. I wish I could blame it on the bed, but it was more so the person I was sharing it with. From the moment I laid down all I could think about was the way her body fit so perfectly against mine. At one point in her sleep she scooted back against me, snuggling deeper into my embrace. I held her. And I swear I can still feel her pressed against me. After that all I could do was count the seconds until sunlight finally started peeking through the little window of that shack. As soon as that first stream of light hit the wall I was up and pullin' on my boots. When we finally made the trek up to the house we were treated by a muddy, but perfectly fine Bear sittin on the porch waggin' his tail like he was killin' flies.

"I got in late too last night." Chris says, smiling. "I had a date, with Alice."

"Lynn's friend?"

"Yes sir, I swear that girl is a breath of fresh air. She ain't all fake like those girls on the circuit."

"Alice is the furthest thing from a buckle bunny." I say with a laugh, "she'd probably knock you one for comparing her to them."

"There is no comparison." He starts walking me towards my truck, "makes me almost want to stay."

"How long till your back this time?"

"I'm not coming back,"

"What?"

Come on man you know that can't get picked up on the pro circuit around here. All it is just local boys trying to catch a trill. That's good for you, you have a real job. The rodeos just fun. But me? This is my career, at least I want it to be. I got to go somewhere where the purse is more than a couple hundred."

"Shit, man." I scratch my head under my hat. "So where ya headed?"

"All over, but I'm gonna set tell down in Texas. That's the start of the pro tour. "

I nod and Kick the dust, not really sure what to say. Part of me wishes it was me pickin' up and leavin' town, but a bigger part of me was happy to have roots somewhere.

"Can't say I ain't gonna miss ya, man."

"That's the beauty of it, now you have a reason to visit Texas."

I laugh and smack my friend on the back.

I get back to the house and head straight to the barn. Lynns friend Alice was still over and I wasn't in the mood to socialize. After brushing dow the horses, checking their shoes, and muckin the stalls I was feeling restless. I needed to get out. I pull out my phone and stop short. Who can I call? Everett has Jax, Chris didn't seem in the mood to go out when I left him, and there was no way in hell I was 'bout to call Colt. What happened? Back in high school I had a ton of friends, and now. I curse and kick the dust, blowing a puff of air out. I was ot stayin in tonight.

I walk into the kitchen and see lynn and Alice at the table. The look up when I walk in and Alice has this weird smile on her face that makes me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"Hey, Kip." She smiles like a damn big cat.

"Ladies," I smile looking at both of them. "How would you like to go out tonight?"

Lynn

I toss another outfit onto my bed for Alice to look at if she ever gets off the damn phone. She called Chris the second Kip asked us to go to the bar with him tonight. Im happy my friend has a guy she likes, I just hope he doesn't end up hurting her. Daddy always did warn me about cowboys. I give up trying to find an outfit for Alice and start getting ready myself. I liked going out with Kip cause it meant I didn't have to fuss. I slip on my favorite pair of jeans and a white tank top, pairing it with my worn in cowboy boots with the soles so worn I could dance all night. I throw on a little make up and grab my Bobcat ball cap sliding my pony tail through the hole in the back.

Alice bursts into my room just as I'm putting on a little lip gloss. "Ugh, why do you look so cute in a ball cap and jeans?" She grabs a pile of clothes and marches into my closet to try them on. An hour later she's ready, wearing one of my tightest tops with her jeans and the strappy sandals she was wearing before. She looked gorgeous, like always. Kips waiting for us down stairs, wearing an open blue button up over a white tee and jeans. The blue makes his eyes pop, and for a second I can't help but stare.

"Chris is meeting us there, so we have to hurry." Alice says walking past me and Kip and heading to Kips truck. She better sit in the back.

"You ready?" Kip gives a half smile, one that screams I know you were staring.

"Yep," I feel myself blushing already, "You crate Bear?" Last thing we need is for a repeat of last night. Even if I do secretly want it.

~~~

The bar is packed, everyone lining up to ride this ridiculous mechanical bull that's set up in the middle of the floor.

"When they get that?" I ask Kip, who signs he didn't hear me. I stand on my tip toes, bracing my hand on his chest for balance. My mouth right on his ear, I ask again. He returns the favor, leaning in to answer me. His breath hot on my neck.

"It's here every Thursday," he says, slowly. "Kinda the reason I wanted to come tonight."

"You gona ride that thing?"

"Yes ma'am." She smiles, and walks towards the bar.