Episode 1

Surprises and Nostalgia

~March 23, 2007~

While Takuto Hirukawa spurred through his sleep, he began to dream. A very nostalgic dream.

Sometime, somewhere, in the past

"Ne. Takuto," a female voice said to him. She seemed to be smiling as she called his name. "We're going out, right? So that means, we're lovers. But... Even without hearing that from someone, you'd already know the fact that we are. You'd love me forever and always think about me. No matter what happens, or how far apart we are from each other, I'll always be in your heart, mind, and soul. The same goes for me; you'll be with me in my eyes and entire being every fraction of a second for all eternity. After all, our love will never end." Her fingers and the bottom of her palms came together in front of her chest as she kept smiling at Takuto. "I love you, Takuto. I'll always love you with everything I have."

In the dream, Takuto stepped forward. "Yeah. I feel the same way. You're the only one for me, and I'll always protect you, Rina."

When he held his arms out to embrace the girl, the dream became blank, and his present self woke up from the slumber and opened his eyes.

Back in his bedroom, Takuto Hirukawa lazily blinked. Sleep filled his eyes, despite the fact that they were opened. He knew he was awake, but his whole body felt lethargic as it usually did after some shut eye and daytime hours of work. Without any warning, his eyes lowered a small fraction.

"...Ngn..." He tiredly let out. "...What was I even dreaming about?" He sighed, still laying on his bed. "I don't even remember, but it felt very familiar for some reason. Just... what was it?" He slowly blinked, and looked at the analog clock sitting near his bed on a tabletop after turning to the other side. Then, his eyes widened when he saw the time. "Crap! It's already nine?! I better get going—and fast, too!"

The light blond quickly jumped out of bed, washed his face, brushed is teeth, and went out through his house's door. He made sure to lock the doors after closing them and rushed to Le Renard Noir that morning. In a rapid sprint, he finally arrived and started to pant, placing his hands on his knees until he caught his breath; soon he regained his composure right in front of the bar owned by Atsumu Kashiwabara. Then, he entered through the front door calmly. Once he was inside, he saw said owner and Hiro Sarashina—both were childhood companions of his.

"Alright, I'll say this once and only once, you got it?!" he began with his eyebrows furrowed toward the center of the top of his nose bridge. "Sorry for being late." Takuto's face had tints of pink on his cheeks as he tried his best to face the pair looking at him. It became awkward for him to say anything else once he uttered those words of apology to them.

When they heard the light blond's word choice, they were puzzled.

"? Why are you apologizing, Takkun?" Hiro asked, still perplexed at Takuto. "It's not even noon yet, and you're here to say sorry to us for something? That's strange. We're not opened for business at this time."

Atsumu smiled and nodded. "I get it. It's about tonight's mission, right? If that's the case, I'll have to tell you that you're not late at all, Takkun. In fact, you're quite early." He beamed and let out a wholehearted laugh. "Ahaha! It's actually rare to see you come visit the bar at this hour. I bet you haven't eaten anything yet!" His expression relaxed itself and he opened his eyes. "Wait here. I'll get you something to start the day off." He walked into the kitchen and prepared a Japanese-style breakfast for the three of them to eat together.