Episode 15

Without True Parting Words

Back in Le Renard Noir, the members of the Black Foxes gathered and were sitting at a table to have dinner, except for Rina and Mistuki, who were both standing. Sayuri was not present, but Takuji sat at a different yet smaller table that could seat up to two people near the band of thieves.

"Aww~!" Hiro frowned in disappointment from across the table. "It's no fun eating here without Sayuri!"

Riki had a staid look on his face. "Hiro, she's been through a lot of things even before getting here."

Mitsuki placed her left hand on the side of her visage. She was contemplating about something before stating, "Sayuri's duties are more important than finding time for our hangouts. I'm not worried about her. After all, she's matured from even before Rina's trial."

Takuji stared at the dark purple-haired magician. His facial expression was neutral, but appeared to be blank in the way his eyes were fixed on her and a thin line was in place for his mouth. "Indeed. Magicians have different jobs to do in addition to staying in this world, but it is obvious that not every one of us will start and end each day here at the times. The real exceptions come from those who have gone through difficult experiences that affect them the most, Mitsuki-san." The mint-haired magician did not seem as friendly as he 'typically' was with his last sentence and condescending tone of saying Mitsuki's name.

Although Mitsuki was not shocked or astonished by Takuji's words, the guys were. Rina, on the other hand, gazed intently at the mint-haired magician.

Takuji directed that last part since all magicians know about Mitsuki-san's circumstances, the Magician of Power thought. He may be doing this since we magicians have gone through many events—not only have we met Nao-san, my trial has been revealed. Yet, Mitsuki-san's punishments cannot be spoken of in public. Our history should not be known to anyone, as well.1

Hiro blinked and asked, "Takuji, what about Manjuki? If we emerge victorious from the battle with that woman and the 14K, will she ever be able to visit us again?"

Takuji's shoulders fell while he sighed. His facial expression was relaxed, but he still was not smiling when he faced the others. "I suppose she can, but I can't guarantee you all that she will choose to see anyone. She's the head of the Saionji family now, and is an idol like Nao-san is; Nao-san herself is the head of the Aozora family due to being an only child, but you know that she won't go home. Carrying the duties of a blood descendant of any of the Great Families keeps anyone occupied with the time we have, including myself and of course, Rina."

"Duties?" Takuto nonchalantly said. "You guys seem to have free time to me." He glanced at Rina. "Speaking of free time, you use yours to work here and come with us on missions. Aren't you just being wasteful when you're the head of the Tokuhara family?"

Rina's mood turned sour fast. "Takuto, you really bash me for everything. Use your laptop to look up the duties of the Great Families instead of taking each chance you have to comment on something!"

Hiro nodded with a pout; his arms were in a cheer or fight mode a fan would have. "Yeah! Stop being mean to Rina, Takkun!"

Takuto's eyebrows furrowed together as his irate expression appeared on his face, and his teeth grinded. "Tch!" The sound he made was more than enough to present how he felt. Without any hesitation, he rapidly flicked Hiro's nose [from the area between the latter's eyebrows].

The orange-haired youth's eyes had instantly closed on impact. "Ow! That hurts!"

Atsumu's eyes broadened in surprise. "Hiro, let me get some ice for you." He rushed into the kitchen and came out with a bit of ice in a small plastic bag and placed it on Hiro's injured area.