Episode 7

In Order to Survive

"Kenshi? What's wrong?" Rina had noticed Kenshi's silent state. "You don't look well. Is something troubling you?"

The others also gave their undivided attention to hear what the firefighter had to say.

Kenshi was staring down at the counter. His shoulders were slumped and he let out an exaggerated breath. His face began to fill will pinkish-red tints of color, giving him a mad blush. "I'm not exactly sure how to say this, but..." Then, he gulped. "I think... I've fallen in love with Sayuri."

Hiro's eyes immediately widened with great shock. He could not believe his ears. "WHAT?!"

Unlike Hiro, however, everyone else inside Le Renard Noir was calm about the situation. They stared blankly and seriously at the firefighter.

"Kenshi," Riki began with a stern expression, "Are you really sure you actually have any romantic feelings towards her? You might just be mistaking how you feel with a large admiration and respect for her appearance."

Rina sighed. "No, I'm positive he's actually developed feelings for Sayuri. He was lost in thought for a while now, Riki. It was different than before, so I don't believe Kenshi's gotten the wrong idea."

Kenshi looked at Riki and gave a light nod with his head. Then, he looked down at the floor. "Yeah. The way she looked tonight was so beautiful, I was captivated by her entire being. Her wings also glowed with a bright white light and they were extremely elegant. It was like she sent feathers down to my body, heart, and soul when she was in the air. Her movements and agility were also astounding, I couldn't believe she was really there. She looked so hot—"

"Stop!" After swiftly standing up from his seat and walking over to where the firefighter was, Riki had closed his eyes and put his right hand out, right in front of Kenshi's face. "That's enough out of you, Kenshi." He seemed distraught by the spiky-haired brunet's blabbering and felt as though his whole face was about to twitch any second now. A sigh came out of his mouth and he placed the same hand on the top of his forehead. "I know you really like her, but you have got to let things go. All this talk about Sayuri is making me irritated, so don't add on to how sexy you think she is." He opened his eyes, displaying his frustration and annoyance. "It sounds so wrong coming from you."

"It was pretty disgusting to hear about near the end," Takuto commented indifferently. "I thought I was going to puke."

Hiro nodded with a sickening expression. His frown and eyes made him appear as if he was a puppy on the verge of tears and illness. "I have to agree with Takkun and Riki there, Kenny. My stomach doesn't feel so great when you say it like that."

Kenshi's eyes widened in surprise. He didn't think everyone would act with opposition towards his output. "W-What? Am I really that repulsive when I put how I feel in words? I just thought it'd be fine to let you guys all know what I was thinking, that's all!"

"But tell me, Kenshi," Atsumu urged in a stern voice and had a corresponding facial expression, "Do you really feel that way about Sayuri? If your emotions and words are genuine, I believe it's okay for you to like her for the time being. Although, I'm not sure how long that will be. If she doesn't leave your mind, then I think you can continue loving her for the rest of your life, and perhaps even beyond. It's up to you to decide how you really feel about her."

Kenshi smiled warmly at Atsumu's words. "Boss..."

Rina frowned with her arms folded across her chest. "But to think you've fallen for Sayuri, rather than a normal girl. It's truly worrying, Kenshi."