Episode 22

Fated Outcomes

There was a young maiden in a hospital room. She was pretty with long desert sand hair, but was tucked under the white blanket to cover its length; therefore, it looked as though she had it past upper arm length. Her face was pale as she slept and she wore a white hospital gown with Maya blue polka dots. Truly, she was a sleeping beauty with an innocent appearance. Was it possible to go and disturb her from her slumber? It was soon that a light gray light shimmered throughout the entire room and grew brighter to engulf its space.

XXX

Ibuki had destroyed the door to the basement inside of Le Renard Noir where the Black Fox Alliance members had gathered. Due to the shock she gained from Riki, Mitsuki, and Hiro, she had caught them in a vulnerable state. Everyone else was alert, but there was little time for them to do anything. A light that was the same color of her bright lit eyes had been when she awoke surrounded the room, even though her eyes had returned to their normal plain look before the impact of the blow she had done to the door. The whole basement rapidly began to shatter apart into pointy, thin picks, and the only electronic objects to survive were cellphones and Takuto's laptop since they were durable and could not break, due to the magicians' powers. A new dimension filled with the same blue light from Ibuki engulfed them to their destination.

All at once, their fates had changed.

XXX

Nao, Taiga, Hyosuke, and Miyuki had been sent together in one place. Standing on their feet, they saw that the area around them was a white smoke-colored empty room with a baby powder rectangular door in the middle of the wall that was all the way back on the wall in front of them. Out came a man they had all—excluding Miyuki—seen before: the Ebisu General Hospital director. Taiga's eyes widened in shock, Nao's in mild surprise, and Hyosuke's in a perplexed fashion.

"Director..." the underground doctor said.

Nao's eyes returned to a regular state to show a calm facial expression. "I see."

"You're..." Hyosuke trailed off before quickly changing his demeanor. His eyes were narrow with a grim frown on his visage. "You were seriously in the 14K from the start?"

An affirming smile etched onto the director's face. "It pleases me to see how fast you understand the situation you're in."

Miyuki could not shake off the feeling that something was wrong about being in the room. There was something worse that instantaneously would not let go of her mind as she narrowed her eyes and was on her guard, sinking into her thoughts.

What's going on? This man is hiding something up his sleeve, but he's not the one who has any power. The energy I'm sensing is beyond that door. Not one, but two sources!

"Huh," Miyuki scoffed coolly but firmly. "You're nothing but words when you don't have any power to fight us, so get to business and let's see your trump cards come out from that door behind you."

The director shifted his gaze toward the young magician, yet his smile did not falter. "Oh? Young lady, you're willing to go head-on. How intriguing to have someone who wishes to end things without waiting."