Episode 3

A New Enemy Appears!

~March 24, 2007~

It was a bit after seven o'clock that Saturday morning when everyone was gathered in Le Renard Noir. Atsumu had a stern expression etched onto his face while the TV was on.

"Something major has happened, which is why I called you all here today," he began. It seemed quite drastic for him to elaborate on the event that had yet to be addressed. "Do you know what is being featured right now?"

Riki's shoulders slumped. He was half asleep, so his concentration swayed. "No, but..."

"What exactly is going on?" Kenshi asked. He was just as exhausted as everyone else. "It's pretty early for us to be here, Boss."

Hiro tiredly rubbed his eyes. "Mm... Can I go back to sleep? I still have a bit of a hangover from last night after we came back from our mission."

Takuto glanced at the college student. "Tell me about it. My day has barely even begun and I only had a few hours of rest thanks to Ms. Rocky over here."

Rina narrowed her eyes somewhat irritably at her ex-boyfriend. "Making cold remarks like won't do anything to help the situation, Takuto. But there's a reason for this gathering, isn't there?" she inquired, gazing at Atsumu with her hands clasped in front of her on the counter's surface (her right thumb was over her left one).

The light blond stared in an aloof manner at his former lover. Something seemed off about how he was that morning. "You don't have to take Beard Breath's words seriously, you know. What he has to say might not actually concern us; in fact, he could be trying to set us up so we can get back together, Rina."

Riki and Kenshi's eyes widened with astonishment plastered on their visages. Meanwhile, Hiro was smiling, while Atsumu was very shocked and flabbergasted with his mouth slightly agape.

"How did you know?!" The wavy-haired brunet was quite taken aback by Takuto's deduction, and pulled his arms and body back. Then, he had an angry expression etched onto his face. "Wait! It's actually more important than you think!" He grinded his teeth. "Why don't you all just listen to this news report?! It'll give you guys the reason I had you come here in the first place."

They all turned their heads towards the TV and saw a reporter smiling as he announced what was currently taking place in Ginza.

"Lately, there have been reports about a mysterious person," he said in a calm manner.

"A mysterious person?" Takuto questioned. "What's so great about someone like that?"

"Just wait and you'll see what it's about," Atsumu calmly advised the programmer.

The reporter was standing in front of a police station and he turned his head a bit to look at it. "Here we have the local police station where the anonymous person was at two hours ago around five a.m. It was not until an hour later when the authorities released an announcement, telling of a young woman who has recently been capturing criminals and turning them all over to the law to handle. Apparently, she had also told the police about the stolen artworks, gemstones, jewelry, and weapons they had stolen, or were planning to steal, along with priceless artifacts and rare items, donating them over to a nearby museum. She was also known to be a very beautiful person, and has been known to give off the aura of a professional detective. Furthermore, she has even seized those who are amateurs at committing crimes, and her identity is most likely to be a magician—those who are known as the 'First Humans' to have appeared in this universe, and the oldest known people to have lived in a world that differs greatly than our own. Yes, indeed! From the ancient world of magicians: Neon! Anyway, the young woman has a strong sense of justice and believes that stealing and harming others is wrong, with hopes of putting an end to the relentless threats to our city. What's even more intriguing is her declaration to turn these villains over to the hands of justice." He took out a piece of paper from his pocket and held it out so it could be seen. Then, he glanced at it and read the note aloud. "And it is actually addressed to the Black Foxes, who are well-known throughout many parts of Japan and other countries and continents for stealing for the sake of art. They are dubbed as Ginza's version of Robin Hood, but have not been seen by the public eye. However, it does not appear to be an ordinary game for both sides, as the note reads, 'I vow to apprehend those wretched thieves with my own hands. The Black Foxes are going to go to prison once and for all as soon as I get my hands on them. I will be turning them over to the police and I will rid the Human World from their filthy presence because it is my duty to bring peace to all of Earth and its innocent people.'" The reporter then looked up at the screen and added, "I will lend my support to this courageous beauty for her efforts and commitment to stop these crimes from occurring. It is because of her bravery that we have begun to smile once more. It is not a dream, but a reality, and we owe it all to her for saving our troubled hearts from these upcoming dangers we cannot help but face in a feeble manner. This wonderful person has only started her goal, and she continues to touch our souls from an unknown distance. If possible, I'd also like to wish for her happiness. She has been doing so much for us lately; it is only natural for us to want to help her in one way or another. Let's wish for her victory against the Black Foxes, and—"